Re: weather pro2317 problems

  • wayne
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 3, 2008
      Yes all the data is on the console and working ok, Not sure of all the
      terms here lol, but from the station to the pc the cable seems to be a
      telephone connector on 1 end of the cable and plug on the other end
      that goes into the back of the pc. I am using heavyweather version 2.0
      beta release.

      wayne

      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 3, 2008
        Wayne,

        So the data on the Heavyweather screen is "gray'ed out"? If that is
        the case, we have seen that before. There is some kind of bug in HW.
        You can re-start the software, usually that fixes it. If that does
        not fix it, try a reboot.

        The easiest way around this is to stop running Heavyweather
        altogether and use WUHU to communicate with the console.

        To do this, stop Heavyweather. If you added it to your startup folder
        so that it starts on boot, remove that link.

        Next, on the WUHU screen, hit the Stop button. Down in the general
        setting at the lower right, in the first combo box, select "WS-23XX
        Direct Serial". To the right of that combo box, select the serial
        port that the console is connect to.

        Hit Start.

        You do not really need Heavyweather other than on a rare occasion.
        You can leave it installed on the computer as there is no need to un-
        install it.

        wrote:

        > Yes all the data is on the console and working ok, Not sure of all
        the
        > terms here lol, but from the station to the pc the cable seems to
        be a
        > telephone connector on 1 end of the cable and plug on the other end
        > that goes into the back of the pc. I am using heavyweather version
        2.0
        > beta release.
        >
        > wayne

        > <wuhu_software@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Wayne,
        > >
        > > Questions:
        > >
        > > Does the data show up on the console itself?
        > >
        > > Also, are you using a real serial port or a USB to serial adapter?
        > >
        > > What software are you using to display the data?
        > >

        > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "wayne" <wlc3101@>
        wrote:

        > > > Hi all , this is my 1st post here, just found the group. I
        received
        > > > this weather station 2 weeks ago and it has been working great
        and
        > > > then last night at 8pm it stopped reporting to the pc and the
        page on
        > > > the pc screen is basically blank. Ive checked all the
        connections and
        > > > reloaded the soft ware and still nothing. The base station has
        all the
        > > > info...its just like its not reporting to the pc......any help
        would
        > > > be appreciated
        > > >
        > > > thanx
        > > > Wayne

      • wayne
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 3, 2008

          > Yes that is a great description the screen is grayed out, Can you
          point me in the direction of the WUHU link or software I need??

          thanx

          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 3, 2008
            Wayne,

            The link is:

            http://home.comcast.net/~wuhu_software/

            It is always available in the Yahoo group (in the group desciption
            area above recent messages).

          • eugenraduoradea
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 3, 2008
              --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "wayne" <wlc3101@...> wrote:

              > Hi all , this is my 1st post here, just found the group. I received
              > this weather station 2 weeks ago and it has been working great and
              > then last night at 8pm it stopped reporting to the pc and the page on
              > the pc screen is basically blank. Ive checked all the connections and
              > reloaded the soft ware and still nothing. The base station has all the
              > info...its just like its not reporting to the pc......any help would
              > be appreciated
              >
              > thanx
              > Wayne

              I have encountered a similar problem and I erased completely all heavy
              weather file and reinstalled it again. Then there is one more aspect to
              the problem, I have a 3600 modell and I disconnected from the console
              the function of receiving the atomic clock. Since then I've had no more
              problems with downloading the data. Try it and probably it will work,
              usually it does ! Eugen, Oradea