Re: [wuhu_software_group] Re: Upload Log

  • k5kee / Deborah Kee
    Message 1 of 21 , Jan 1, 2008
      Yeah, we're getting some good wind gusts today and I really wanted to see if I could get 'em recorded. I'd still like to get that console soldering done so perhaps I could ditch the wire altogether, but I would have to take it to someone else to do it. I can solder, but my hands won't work like they used to.

      Not sure about warranty - should be I think but I don't know if I want to go that route. Been there, done that, as they say. They did fix the previous problems but I also felt a bit chastised with the long list of "Don't Do's" they included in the return package. And the replacement parts didn't last any longer than the previous ones.

      Oh well.  :-)

      Thanks for all the help ... learned something new on all this which is always good!!

      ~ Deborah

    • Rich Brunnworth
      Message 2 of 21 , Jan 1, 2008
        What kind of "Don't Do's" did they send to you? Common sense things, or
        things that aren't so apparent?

        Rich

        --
        Rich
      • k5kee / Deborah Kee
        Message 3 of 21 , Jan 1, 2008
          Common sense stuff. "do not pull on the cable", "do not put foreign objects in to the moving parts of the (wind sensor)", things like that. It was poorly written, as if these things were what caused the problems. It was a check list, and so many things were checked on mine it was almost funny. Even things that didn't have anything to do with the problems I was having. The best one was "do not expose cable plugs to the environment". OK - I assume they meant to make sure the thermo sensor is always covered, but it really made me stop and wonder.  :-)

          ~ Deb

          k5kee / Deborah Kee wrote:

          > Not sure about warranty - should be I think but I don't know if I want
          > to go that route. Been there, done that, as they say. They did fix the
          > previous problems but I also felt a bit chastised with the long list
          > of "Don't Do's" they included in the return package. And the
          > replacement parts didn't last any longer than the previous ones.

          --
          Rich

          --
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              73's  de   K5KEE   Deborah
          Message 4 of 21 , Jan 1, 2008
            I too would like to get my board adapted so the wireless would run at
            wired speed there is a photo detailed how to on the wuhu site but my
            arthritis in my hands..why I retired disabled won't let me do detailed
            work like that, and tv shops around here won't work on anything but
            stuff bought from them. No exceptions.

            I most likely could get the capacitors at the local Radio Shack.

            I'm interested in finding out if anyone else has had this done? How
            well its worked?

            Rick
            KOHWAPAK1

            --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "k5kee / Deborah Kee"