Re: [wuhu_software_group] Re: Upload Log

  • Rich Brunnworth
    Message 1 of 21 , Jan 1, 2008
      Sometimes it is just simple troubleshooting things like this that can
      solve a weird problem.
      If the unit is still under warranty I'd contact LaCrosse and tell them
      to fix it. If the unit isn't under warranty.... I'd take it apart and
      fix it myself (but then again I'm a computer/electronic technician who
      isn't afraid of doing things like this). Maybe you could take it to a
      tv shop and have them solder the connector for you for a few dollars.

      Rich

      --
      Rich
      Message 2 of 21 , Jan 1, 2008
        Deborah,
        Glad to hear you have it figured out.

        Steve
      • k5kee / Deborah Kee
        Message 3 of 21 , Jan 1, 2008
          Yeah, we're getting some good wind gusts today and I really wanted to see if I could get 'em recorded. I'd still like to get that console soldering done so perhaps I could ditch the wire altogether, but I would have to take it to someone else to do it. I can solder, but my hands won't work like they used to.

          Not sure about warranty - should be I think but I don't know if I want to go that route. Been there, done that, as they say. They did fix the previous problems but I also felt a bit chastised with the long list of "Don't Do's" they included in the return package. And the replacement parts didn't last any longer than the previous ones.

          Oh well.  :-)

          Thanks for all the help ... learned something new on all this which is always good!!

          ~ Deborah

        • Rich Brunnworth
          Message 4 of 21 , Jan 1, 2008
            What kind of "Don't Do's" did they send to you? Common sense things, or
            things that aren't so apparent?

            Rich

            Message 5 of 21 , Jan 1, 2008
              Common sense stuff. "do not pull on the cable", "do not put foreign objects in to the moving parts of the (wind sensor)", things like that. It was poorly written, as if these things were what caused the problems. It was a check list, and so many things were checked on mine it was almost funny. Even things that didn't have anything to do with the problems I was having. The best one was "do not expose cable plugs to the environment". OK - I assume they meant to make sure the thermo sensor is always covered, but it really made me stop and wonder.  :-)

              ~ Deb

              k5kee / Deborah Kee wrote:

              > Not sure about warranty - should be I think but I don't know if I want
              > to go that route. Been there, done that, as they say. They did fix the
              > previous problems but I also felt a bit chastised with the long list
              > of "Don't Do's" they included in the return package. And the
              > replacement parts didn't last any longer than the previous ones.

              --
              Rich

              --
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  73's  de   K5KEE   Deborah
              Message 6 of 21 , Jan 1, 2008
                I too would like to get my board adapted so the wireless would run at
                wired speed there is a photo detailed how to on the wuhu site but my
                arthritis in my hands..why I retired disabled won't let me do detailed
                work like that, and tv shops around here won't work on anything but
                stuff bought from them. No exceptions.

                I most likely could get the capacitors at the local Radio Shack.

                I'm interested in finding out if anyone else has had this done? How
                well its worked?

                Rick
                KOHWAPAK1

                --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "k5kee / Deborah Kee"