Re: Question for WUHU

    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 1, 2008
      Rick,
      The clock sync time would be the issue.

      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 1, 2008
        Rick,

        If you have a WS-23XX, the more than likely explaination is dropped
        updates that happen when the console is attempting to receive the WWVB
        radio signal.

        It is nothing to be concerned about.

        If you can position the console away from the computer and other noise
        generating devices, the console might pick up the signal and will
        therefore quit looking for the signal.

        From the post about polling:

        "On a WS-23XX, you might notice that there are failures over a period
        of 24 hours. The reason for this is that during the evening hours
        (12am to 7am), the WS-23XX attempts to receive the radio time signal.
        It makes the attempt for a couple minutes at the top of each hour.
        When it is trying to receive the radio signal, it ignores the PCs
        request for information. When a communications failure occurs, WUHU
        checks the PCs clock and determines whether the console is attempting
        to synchronize it's clock. If the errors happen during these small
        time windows, the errors are not posted to the log and are ignored.
        The WS-36XX does not have this strange behavior and is apparently
        able to multi-task unlike the WS-23XX units."

        > The updates box in my WUHU screen show 288/297 The WU box shows
        288/288
        > and the other boxes all show 115/115. My Question is. Is the updates
        > box showing missed updates? If so anyway to pick those up or is that
        > natural?
        >
        > I thought that was wind updates vs full updates. I did have about 2
        > mins of Clock interference at midnight while the atomic clock unit was
        > catching up..is that the difference?
        >

        > Rick
        > KOHWAPAK1

      • Rick
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 1, 2008
          Ok I was pretty sure I understood that in your post thanks for
          verifying it.

          Rick
          KOHWAPAK1