Battery Types

  • k5kee / Deborah Kee
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 31, 2007
      There's been brief discussion about battery types used in the thermo sensor ... has anyone tried NiMH batteries? Would there be any pros or cons regarding rechargeable batteries?

      --
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          73's  de   K5KEE   Deborah
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 31, 2007
        They go dead very fast and work terrible in cold weather..been there
        tried that..it don't work right...

        Rick
        KOHWAPAK1

        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "k5kee / Deborah Kee"
        <k5kee@...> wrote:

        > There's been brief discussion about battery types used in the thermo
        sensor
        > ... has anyone tried NiMH batteries? Would there be any pros or cons
        > regarding rechargeable batteries?
        >
        > --
        > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        > 73's de K5KEE Deborah
        > www.keeideas.com
        > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      • k5kee / Deborah Kee
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 31, 2007
          So, lithium is your battery of choice, right Rick? I'd be interested in what others here use - if they have preferences - and what area they live in to learn if there is extreme heat &/or cold involved.

          Then again, I think I remember something about the thermo sensor getting power from the console when in wired mode. Need to go find that manual again........

          ~ Deborah

          --
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              73's  de   K5KEE   Deborah
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 31, 2007
            In wired mode, for the LaCrosse systems, when using an AC adapter it
            supplies power to the remote sensors. HOWEVER... I put alkaline
            batteries in the remote sensor and the base unit just in case we lose power.

            Rich

            --
            Rich
          • k5kee / Deborah Kee
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 31, 2007
              Thanks Rich. I found it in the manual ... and darn happy that I actually remembered something correctly.  :-)

              ~ Deborah

              --
              Rich

              --
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  73's  de   K5KEE   Deborah
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 1, 2008
                I run a WS-2310 usually in wired mode, wireless only when
                Thunderstorms are in the area.
                I use Duracell batteries and change them every 6 months.
                I live in the NE with winter temps below zero.
                Never a battery problem doing this.

                Steve
              • John Liss
                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 1, 2008
                  Ditto. Duracell's is what I use as well.
                  I run them for 4 months with out any issues. I change them every 4
                  months on the 1st just as a preventive measure. Works great for me.

                  -John

                  steve_03222 sat down at the console on 1/1/2008 6:33 AM and madly banged
                  out: