Relative and absolute air pressure don't match

  • Magnus Alburg
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 31, 2007
      I have a La Crosse WS-2300-11 and have problems with the relative air
      pressure.

      I get an error messages from WUHU: "Relative air pressure reading of
      72,80 InHg detected. Value out of range ..." and when I check the
      weather station console it shows 72,80 InHg. The absolute air pressure
      on the console is 29,97 InHg.

      Does anyone has an idea about how to fix this? I thought the relative
      air pressure was calculated from the absolute pressure.

      I have used the WS-2300 for more than 3 years without any problems and
      I'm using both WUHU and HeavyWeather.

      /Magnus
    • Rick
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 31, 2007
        Here is some things I'd try, 0ne is resetting the console, of course
        you loose your history doing that, but it may clear the issue up.
        Another is shutting off Heavy Weather and running WUHU in serial mode
        only but I doubt that will do anything to correct the console error.
        Might try just pulling the batteries out of the sensor, waiting a few
        min then put them or new ones in..might reset that way too.

        Rick
        KOHWAPAK1

        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Magnus Alburg"
        <magnus_alburg@...> wrote:

        > I have a La Crosse WS-2300-11 and have problems with the relative air
        > pressure.
        >
        > I get an error messages from WUHU: "Relative air pressure reading of
        > 72,80 InHg detected. Value out of range ..." and when I check the
        > weather station console it shows 72,80 InHg. The absolute air pressure
        > on the console is 29,97 InHg.
        >
        > Does anyone has an idea about how to fix this? I thought the relative
        > air pressure was calculated from the absolute pressure.
        >
        > I have used the WS-2300 for more than 3 years without any problems and
        > I'm using both WUHU and HeavyWeather.
        >
        > /Magnus

      • Magnus Alburg
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 31, 2007
          I changed the batteries as the first thing and that made a reset also
          but it did not solve the problem.

          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 31, 2007
            Magnus,

            It sounds like your relative pressure setting somehow became corrupt.
            It sounds like a memory bit was flipped somehow.

            The relative pressure is an offset from the absolute pressure but takes
            in to account the temperature and RH.

            What I would attempt to do is change the relative pressure at the
            console.

            To do this, hit set until you see the relative pressure flashing. Use +
            and - to adjust. Once you have the correct setting, hit the set button
            until you exit the setup and return to the normal display.

            Let me know if that works out.

            <magnus_alburg@...> wrote:

            > I have a La Crosse WS-2300-11 and have problems with the relative air
            > pressure.
            >
            > I get an error messages from WUHU: "Relative air pressure reading of
            > 72,80 InHg detected. Value out of range ..." and when I check the
            > weather station console it shows 72,80 InHg. The absolute air pressure
            > on the console is 29,97 InHg.
            >
            > Does anyone has an idea about how to fix this? I thought the relative
            > air pressure was calculated from the absolute pressure.
            >
            > I have used the WS-2300 for more than 3 years without any problems and
            > I'm using both WUHU and HeavyWeather.
            >
            > /Magnus

          • Magnus Alburg
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 1, 2008
              I adjusted the relative pressure at the console and it seems to work.
              Thanks WUHU!