Re: [wuhu_software_group] Re: is anyone in the group still awake tonite, this is so discouraging after 5 h

  • Jaye Ellen
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 20, 2007
      Hello --- you could hold down the CTRL, ALT and Delete keys at the same time.  When the mini-menu pop's up, pick Task Manager.  That will show all applications that are loaded and running, and programs can be stopped individually.  You might be surprised to find HW is actually running ... and keeping WUHU from using the port.  I had to totally remove HW to make sure i wasn't loading.

      On Dec 20, 2007 11:47 PM, brownstone89 <brownstone89@...> wrote:

      using ms config run, i checked that hw is not in my startup or in my
      tray or task manager under that name. i dont know how to check deeper.
      wuhu is in my startup but i lauch it rather that opening
      automatically in the windows tray.

      i have a solid dell factory computer so its a little hard to imagine
      this is a unique problem from where i sit.

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Brian" <yahoo@...> wrote:

      > Assuming you have had Heavy Weather (HW)open at some point since you
      > last started your computer, I would recommend:
      >
      > 1. Make sure HW is not set to start automatically upon Windows
      > starting up.
      > 2. Restart the computer
      > 3. Try the Com ports in WUHU again.
      >
      > There's always a chance that HW is hanging onto the Com port, thus
      > making it unavailable for WUHU. By restarting, without starting HW,
      > there's a chance one of the other Com ports will work and move you in
      > the right direction.
      >
      > Like I said in my first post, I'm kind of shotting in the dark here,
      > so could be completely off-base.
      >

      > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "brownstone89"
      > <brownstone89@> wrote:
      > >
      > > sorry, com 1 and 3 are the only ones that are accepted. all other
      > > coms rejected. both 1 and 3 give ofl with no data.
      > >
      > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Brian" <yahoo@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > I'm sorry, don't quite understand. Are you saying you only have the
      > > > option of Com 1 and Com 3, and Com 1 only shows OFL? What about
      Com 3?

      > > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com , "brownstone89"

      > closed.

      > > WUHU.