Re: Troubles at Weather Underground...

    Message 1 of 13 , May 31, 2005
      I see the same things at the official stations. One thing you notice
      about the offical stations is that they are only uploading once per
      hour, so the graphs look smoother. They are probably also averaging
      each hour.

      BTW, I uploaded a new version of the software that will hopefully
      mask out the occasional bogus readings.

      If you decide to go back to wired mode, let me know if this helps. I
      can also add more checking if we see bogus readings.

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Not A Faker!"

      CW3844>APRS,TCPXX*,qAX,CW3844:@280705z4244.55N/09312.16W_315/000g000t

      > replace
      > > > the
      > > > available
      > > > although

      > > cables
      > this
      > > > may

      Faker!"

      > wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "wuhu_software"

      > > > other
      > > they

      > > Faker!"
      > > > feel
      > my
      > > > Hopefully
      > > > happens

      > > > wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "wuhu_software"

      > > your

      > > > aware
      > not
      > passing

      > datbase/hardware
      > > > bug

      > > > problem
      > > > that

      > > > morning
      > temperature
      > > > over
      > > > degrees
      > This

      > > > until
      > dips
      > > > on

      > although

      > > > area

    • Not A Faker!
      Message 2 of 13 , Jun 1, 2005
        I installed the new version of WUHU today, and unfortunately it
        uploaded a 48 MPH wind gust (which was completely erroneous) to both
        CWOP and WeatherUnderground. I immediately switched back to
        wireless mode, where this doesn't happen very often.

        LaCrosse really should take a look this problem instead to telling
        people to rip out their crappy wires and put in new ones. What if
        GM sold a car with a faulty engine and told the
        customer, "Yeah...sorry about that. You'll have to put in a better
        engine than the one we installed." They'd be out of business by the
        end of this year!

        I hear LaCrosse's so-called technical support is an even bigger joke
        than their faux anemometer readings.