AWEKAS & Snow

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 4, 2007
      I don't always remember to put the snow measurement in for AWEKAS. I
      was wondering though, does anyone know what they are looking for? Is
      it daily snow fall or amount of snow on the ground at any given time?

      If it is daily snow fall, would it be possible to automatically have
      that field cleared after say midnight. As it appears, what ever value
      you put in there stays until you manually change it.

      Steve
    • Juha Jäntti
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 4, 2007
        Steve,

        AWEKAS appears to have a two-layer method of displaying stored weather
        data. AWEKAS looks at snowfall data per user preference (in other
        words: at any given time), but the snowfall data lifetime is set to
        one hour. I base my assumption to what I've seen as I've reported
        things to AWEKAS. They set to clear out the manually entered data
        after one hour.

        However, you still may see your manually entered weather data on the
        map even after that time, because AWEKAS sets map data display
        lifetime to six hours by default. They probably store the manually
        entered data in cookies and read the cookie's contents when the map
        data is displayed.

        Don't take my words for a full truth. It is based on logic.

        Best Regards,
        Juha
        Finland Weather Exchange (FinWX)
        Helsinki, Finland