Christmas tree interference

  • George
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 3, 2007
      My rain gauge quit working :-( I suspect it may be due to the
      Christmas tree we've put up directly in the pathway between my base
      station and the wireless rain gauge! I think the gauge was close to
      the distance limit anyway. Does it sound likely to those with more
      experience than I have, that a Christmas tree loaded with metallic
      ornaments and lights could cause enough interference to interrupt the
      signal from my rain gauge? Is there anything I can do to boost the
      signal? I can't relocate the gauge, because of all the trees around
      the house (it's in just about the only place where I can get a
      reasonable reading).

      In the mean time, at least I still have the little plastic manual rain
      gauge that I can look at and dump out every day. Is there a way to
      upload this manually gathered data to WU?

      OS WMA 100/VWS 13.01/WUHU

      George