Re: Oregon

  • Brian
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 3, 2007
      Fortunately it looks like the worst has passed. Rains have slowed
      significantly and winds have subsided. Oregon and Washington coasts
      saw wind gusts in excess of 120mph and are now dealing with flooding.
      The Oregon coast is virtually cut off from the rest of the state
      (Coastal mountain range roads have quite a bit of trees down, etc).
      Oregon even lost the nations largest Sitka Spruce in the storm.

      Yesterday I had 1.69in of rain, with another 1.26in thus far today. My
      wind was not nearly as high as the coast and some other areas, but had
      a peak gust of about 35mph (anemometer is only at about 16ish feet agl).

      There will be plenty of clean-up for some time on the coast.

      Brian - Vancouver, WA
      CW6873