Re: odd off the wall temp readings

    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 29, 2007
      The errors you posted would not be related to solar heating.

      When variables are out of range like this, it usually indicates some
      type of noise / weak batteries.

      If you are running wirlelessly, you may see these if you are on the
      edge of the effective distance (usually well under 30 ft if going
      through a wall).

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "wandarmd" <bdaqueen@...>
      wrote:

      > Hello, not sure about the cloud cover conditions and the high
      > readings, but, will go back and see what the conditions were.
      >
      > In my original message I noted that all my settings were reading
      off
      > the wall:
      > Mon Nov 26 13:07:08 2007 > Outdoor temperature reading of 176.7 F
      > detected. Value out of range (-40.0 to 157.8).
      > Mon Nov 26 13:07:08 2007 > Outdoor humidity reading of 110.0
      percent
      > detected. Value out of range (1 to 100).
      > Mon Nov 26 13:07:08 2007 > Dewpoint reading of 181.0 F detected.
      > Value out of range (-82.0 to 157.8).
      > Mon Nov 26 13:07:08 2007 > Windchill reading of 176.7 F detected.
      > Value out of range (-40.0 to 157.8).
      >
      > Monday was the last time I saw these reading, but the Temp is still
      > wrong. Is there a way to determine if the problem is solar
      radiation
      > from the surroundings - and would there be another way to deal with
      > this issue?
      >

      > Thanks again,
      >

      > WW
      > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Karl Kingston
      > <kkingsto@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Sounds exactly like the problem I had. The problem is excess
      solar
      > > radiation from the surroundings. Was getting temps that were 10-
      30
      > > degrees warmer than the surrounding areas.
      > >
      > > Let me ask: if it's a really cloudy day, is the temps more stable
      > whereas
      > > on a really sunny day, the temps skyrocket?
      > >

      > > I ended up building a asperated shelter for my sensor.
      Basically