Re: [wuhu_software_group] Wind speed calculations

  • Rich Brunnworth
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 27, 2007
      Wind speed is the "constant" speed that the wind is blowing, i.e. a wind
      from the west at 2 mph.

      Wind Gust is a gust of wind "inside" of the wind speed that causes a
      higher reading. In the above example say a gust comes up for a bit and
      blows at 30 mph.

      Ave. Speed would be all the totals of wind speed for a certain time
      period divided by the time period to give an average number. So for an
      hour the wind is 2 mph and then 0 and then 5 and then 3 and then 2 and
      finally 0. The average speed for that hour is 6 mph.

      Or at least that's how I think it works. LOL

      Rich

      --
      Rich