I was experiencing many errors being logged from the thermo/hydro unit
and also a large rain error on a day wth no rain. I followed your
advice from an earlier post and bought 100' of shielded 4 wire cable.
I replaced the cable from the rain sensor to the outside unit and from
the thermo/hydro unit to the console. Instant corection, no more
I found my cable here:
http://www.wesbellw ireandcable. com/Multi- Conductor/ C0762.html
I will eventually buy another roll and rewire my wind sensor, which is
a more difficult job as it sits atop a 32' mast. For now I don't see
any errors from it, I think your software tweaks are taking care of
any that occurr.
If anyone needs to make this repair, I suggest cutting the supplied
cable about 12" from the connector or sensor, stripping it back and
soldering the 4 wires to the new cable ( being sure to keep the colors
matched) and then covering each splice with heat shrink tubing and
the whole splice with larger heat shrink. Makes a very proffesional
looking repair and so far seems weatherproof.
I am not a tech so working with the cable made more sense than trying
to solder the actual sensor.
Too bad La Crosse won't supply better connecting cables, even if they
had to raise the price some.