Wind direction plots, anyone have any idea how?

  • larrymyers312000
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 13, 2007
      I wanted to make a wind direction plot using jpgraph if possible that
      comes out looking like what weather display makes.....starting from
      the center make lines coming out showing wind speed and direction,
      like a radar plot sort of thing but I am not sure how I would go about
      it. I am fairly decent at jpgraph but I cannot seem to figure out how
      to make something like this.

      I would appreciate any help or ideas anyone may have.

      Thanks,
      Larry
    • Charles M. Owen
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 15, 2007

        I think my WC2315 has lost it wind instrument for good and I started getting “Failed to retrieve weather data…” even though Heavy Weather is still logging BP and Temp data.

        I get nothing transmitted to CWOP etc.

        I even upgraded to 215 to see if that would help.

        Charles

      • Charles M. Owen
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 15, 2007

          I clicked on “Show Comm errors” and it is complaining about Wind Dir being “---.-“, so is there any way to disable the wind check (of course not send it)?

          Charles

          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 15, 2007
            Select disable wind sensor under the Tweak screen until you can fix
            the sensor.

            --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Charles M. Owen"
            <CMOwen@...> wrote:

            > I clicked on "Show Comm errors" and it is complaining about Wind
            Dir being
            > "---.-", so is there any way to disable the wind check (of course
            not send
            > it)?
            >

            > Charles

            M. Owen
            > Sent: Thursday, November 15, 2007 4:59 PM
            > To: wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com
            > Subject: [wuhu_software_group] Station Wind down - no transmit other
            > data....
            >

            > I think my WC2315 has lost it wind instrument for good and I
            started getting
            > "Failed to retrieve weather data." even though Heavy Weather is
            still
            > logging BP and Temp data.
            >

            > I get nothing transmitted to CWOP etc.
            >

            > I even upgraded to 215 to see if that would help.
            >

            > Charles

          • Charles M. Owen
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 15, 2007

              I am going to pretend that your solution was not in version 146 that I upgraded to 215 from (yeah… I am a slow adopter) and not cry any more about the lost uploaded data.  L

              BTW, I just saw the altimeter tweak. I seem to be within +/- 2 mb of all my surrounding stations on CWOP. Am I guess that I am set right for that? (i.e. no tweak?)

              As luck would have it I seem to have fixed it (for now…I must have a short). I now have that option in mind in case this is not a permanent fix.

              Charles

              CW4870

              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 15, 2007
                Charles,

                If you are happy with your CWOP pressure readings, I would not mess
                with it.

                Thanks.