WUHU three alerts on main data page not behaving properly

  • shanghai_bob_dog
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 5, 2007
      Hi, and thanks so much for the help with the question I had about the
      HW Publisher. I've dumped it anyway, and now only use WUHU, to send
      my data to wunderground.

      Now however - to the question. On the main data screen of WOHU, there
      are three check boxes for Storm Alert, Rising Pressure and Falling
      Pressure alerts. These are next to the little graphics windows that
      show wind direction and an arrow up for rising, and a picture of the
      sun.

      Nothing I do changes these check box settings. The Pressure Rising
      check box is checked - and even when I uncheck Everything in the
      Alerts config screen, soon as I start up again, the changes
      disappear,and the Rising Pressure checkbox comes back as checked. I
      just can't change it from that setting no way.

      Am I doing something wrong? or is this a known thing.?

      Thanks
      Rob
    • Larry Myers

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 6, 2007
          --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Larry Myers"
          <hometownnerd@...> wrote:

          > Those are indicators only, they show what the weather is doing, the
          program
          > actually changes them on the fly to let you know about those items.
          So if
          > the pressure is rising, according to the software, the Pressure Rising
          > indicator will be on, etc.
          >
          > Hope that helps you,
          > Larry

          ah. So that means if I have the boxes ticked in [Alerts/Actions] then
          the ticks will appear on the main page display. Ok, that's useful.
          Thanks Larry.

          Is it possible to make a request? On the Alerts/Actions page, there is
          the option to select Metric or English values in most fields, with a
          lot of 'defaults' already in place. Is it possible to build in the
          calculations to automatically calculate the values in one based on what
          is in the other one? So if there is 80F in one window, there is 30C in
          the other --- or what ever the actual value is :-) I have no idea what
          some of the equivleant values are, or how to work them out?.

          I know this is a big job in any case, so it's just a request for one
          day someday ..
          Thanks
          Cheers
          Robert
          http://www.quantum-radio.net/leyburn.html (weather)
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 6, 2007
            Robert,

            As Larry mentioned, the checkboxes for pressure rising, falling,
            storm alert are status only. The data comes from the console.

            Whether or not you have an action enabled, it has no effect on the
            status in the main screen.

            As far as the units in the alarm/alerts go, select the unit you want
            to use for each of the variables by clicking the radio button.

            For example, if wind speed has MPH and KPH, and you want to work with
            MPH, click the radio button in front of MPH.

            You can change the units used by each variable.

            The values entered for the alarm use the units you have specified.

            --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "shanghai_bob_dog"