Re: Absolute air pressure error

  • Tomer Levy
    Message 1 of 16 , Nov 1, 2007
      Hi,

      I also have a WS-36xx station and I'm also getting these errors about
      once every hour or so:

      Thu Nov 01 15:23:04 2007 > Absolute air pressure reading of 328.11
      InHg detected. Value out of range (8.85 to 32.45).
      Thu Nov 01 15:23:04 2007 > Relative air pressure reading of 328.11
      InHg detected. Value out of range (8.85 to 32.45). To new users, have
      you set up your console's relative air pressure yet? See station
      user's manual.
      Thu Nov 01 15:23:04 2007 > One or more data items could not be
      automatically corrected, Ignoring ALL data on this update.

      Any idea if there is a solution for that?

      My station is connected using USB-Serial cable and is showing on the
      screen the relative pressure, which I set up initially after
      installation (if it matters).

      > Was poking around on the net and found another WS-36XX user that
      > reported the occasional 11111.1 hpa readings so that would suggest
      > there other consoles out there that have this issue.
      >
      > http://davep-wx.blogspot.com/2005_12_01_archive.html

      > <wuhu_software@> wrote:
      > >

      > > That is odd as it has not been reported by others before. That
      > being
      > > the case, it would seem to be unique to your setup (console).
      > >
      > > Doing the conversion from 328.11 InhHg back to HPa, the station
      was
      > > reporting 11111.1 Hpa. That seems like more than a coincidence.
      It
      > > would appear to be some kind of default value for an invalid
      > pressure
      > > readings.
      > >
      > > What is also interesting is that it was reported as both the
      > relative
      > > an absolute pressure.
      > >
      > > Both values are read twice from the console to ensure that the
      data
      > > is being reported correctly.
      > >
      > > Since it has no effect to your upload or history, I would not be
      > > concerned.
      > >
      > > If the frequency of the problem increases, we can deal with it
      then.

      > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "plasmaboy3"
      <pjweix@>
      > > wrote:
      > > >
      > > > I am running in direct serial mode. I get this message several
      > > times a
      > > > week. I was even getting it when I was running HW pro with WUHU.
      > > >
      > > > Pete

      Pro?