Oddball Readings...

  • Cookeville Weather Guy
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 17, 2007
      Here is what I'm getting. Do you think I should put new batteries in
      the outside unit?? My system is a 2317-el LaCrosse. It's worked
      flawlessly for over a year. Thanks

      Tue Oct 16 21:04:29 2007 > Failed to retrieve weather data from
      console. Possible invalid/corrupt data detected.
      Tue Oct 16 21:04:49 2007 > Outdoor temperature reading of 175.2 F
      detected. Value out of range (-40.0 to 157.8).
      Tue Oct 16 21:04:49 2007 > Outdoor humidity reading of 110.0 percent
      detected. Value out of range (1 to 100).
      Tue Oct 16 21:04:49 2007 > Dewpoint reading of 179.5 F detected. Value
      out of range (-82.0 to 157.8).
      Tue Oct 16 21:04:49 2007 > Windchill reading of 1306.3 F detected.
      Value out of range (-40.0 to 157.8).
      Tue Oct 16 21:04:49 2007 > One or more data items could not be
      automatically corrected, Ignoring ALL data on this update.
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 17, 2007
        It depends on the frequency of the errors.

        I see problems like that now and then, maybe once every couple of
        weeks.

        If you are seeing them often, you might have weak batteries, noise
        from some source like a radio, or a problem with the cabling.

        Try to keep your weather station cabling away from monitors,
        computers, or anything else that might generate noise.

        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Cookeville Weather Guy"

        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 17, 2007
          I change batteries every 6 months, batteries are cheap and I never run
          into low battery conditions.
          Change the smoke detector batteries and the weather station batteries.
          LOL

          Steve
        • Tek Roo
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 17, 2007
            Weak battery problems will first be seen during the coldest part of
            the night, when the batteries are at their weakest. My 3610's
            temperature readings will usually skyrocket just before it stops
            reporting data, then it starts reporting again when the batteries warm
            back up again, first with unusually high temperatures that settle down
            to normal temps. Not sure how other units behave, but I would think
            they would be similar.

            I try to remember to replace my batteries every six months, or at
            least when I change the smoke and carbon monoxide alarm batteries in
            the fall, like others have suggested.

            In other news, I'm back home for the time being -- got the weather
            station and internet problems sorted out! Hopefully I'll get that
            lightning detector installed before I leave on the next trip!

            Richard H. Brant

            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 17, 2007
              Richard, Welcome back home.
              Be sure to let us know when you get th eligtning detector up and
              running.