System Crash

  • bill.graves111
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 15, 2007
      Can anyone help?
      I have just installed the heavy weather WS2300 and the driver for the
      connection to the PC. I have set it up on COM1 and thr station talks to
      the computer but then will crash the whole computer when it sends
      further data. I have checked that I have the latest driver for the
      connection and checked the heavyweather site to obtain the latest
      software. I am running this on XP pro but there seems to be some sort
      of conflict?
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 15, 2007
        Bill,

        If you are using a USB to serial adapter, the most likely cause of the
        computer crashing is a defective driver. Applications cannot cause the
        computer to crash, drivers can.

        The USB adapters we have tested have the Prolific PL-2303 Chipset
        (IOGear, Sakar International). Even if your adapter uses this chipset,
        you must ensure you have the latest driver from the manufacturer.

        Check to see if there is a new driver available.

        Was the system working with the console before?

        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "bill.graves111"
        <bill.graves@...> wrote:

        > Can anyone help?
        > I have just installed the heavy weather WS2300 and the driver for the
        > connection to the PC. I have set it up on COM1 and thr station talks
        > the computer but then will crash the whole computer when it sends
        > further data. I have checked that I have the latest driver for the
        > connection and checked the heavyweather site to obtain the latest
        > software. I am running this on XP pro but there seems to be some sort
        > of conflict?

      • Bill Graves
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 15, 2007
          Message
          I have just reinstalled the PL2303 driver from the web site and the problem still seems to be there - as soon as I close the heavy weather application the computer crashes.

          The system has just been installed on the computer

          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 15, 2007
            Who makes your adapter?

            IOGear?