Re: [wuhu_software_group] Phantom Wind Speeds

  • D Doty
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 8, 2007
      Joshua,
      I had similar problems a while back. My problem was caused because my computer was not properly grounded. You may want to be sure the polarity of your wiring is correct. There is also a wiring mod you can do to your wind sensor to prevent this problem. Read here:
      http://www.lavrsen.dk/sources/weather/windmod.htm

      Dennis,   IZAMBALE1  CW7056

      Joshua <kd6nig@...> wrote:
      I know that there are some "erroneous" windspeeds that my weather
      station produces.

      Upon upgrade of the software (this may just be coincidental! ) I'm
      noticing phantom wind speeds of 14.0 and 42.7 being reported on occasion.

      I don't know if there is a way I can add these to the software myself,
      or if it needs to be something added into the tweak data section. I
      don't remember the degrees on the direction, but I do know when it
      does error, the direction indicator is the same also.

      It could just be coincidental that this is happening right after I did
      the upgrade. I plan on pulling down the sensor this weekend to make
      sure its not having some issue on its own, but I think these are some
      of the phantom readings this particular station has.

      Any enlightenment would be appreciated. Everything else is working
      fine as before.....

      Joshua

      Weather Station: WS2310