Phantom Wind Speeds

  • Joshua
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 8, 2007
      I know that there are some "erroneous" windspeeds that my weather
      station produces.

      Upon upgrade of the software (this may just be coincidental!) I'm
      noticing phantom wind speeds of 14.0 and 42.7 being reported on occasion.

      I don't know if there is a way I can add these to the software myself,
      or if it needs to be something added into the tweak data section. I
      don't remember the degrees on the direction, but I do know when it
      does error, the direction indicator is the same also.

      It could just be coincidental that this is happening right after I did
      the upgrade. I plan on pulling down the sensor this weekend to make
      sure its not having some issue on its own, but I think these are some
      of the phantom readings this particular station has.

      Any enlightenment would be appreciated. Everything else is working
      fine as before.....

      Joshua

      Weather Station: WS2310
    • D Doty
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 8, 2007
        Joshua,
        I had similar problems a while back. My problem was caused because my computer was not properly grounded. You may want to be sure the polarity of your wiring is correct. There is also a wiring mod you can do to your wind sensor to prevent this problem. Read here:
        http://www.lavrsen.dk/sources/weather/windmod.htm

        Dennis,   IZAMBALE1  CW7056