Re: New weather station La-crose ws 2-550

  • Juha Jäntti
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 8, 2007
      Dimitris,

      I took a short glimpse at the manual (Thank you for that too!).
      According to the manual, you can engage "Live Mode" that forces the
      outdoor sensors to switch into a different transmit mode, giving
      readouts every 2 seconds to the console.

      Now that's really something, but since the outdoor sensor rig doesn't
      support wired mode (Positive thing for protection against lightning
      strike damage), and has only batteries, the "Live Mode" can (and
      probably will) consume the batteries quickly. Furthermore, the "Live
      Mode" can be engaged for 20 seconds at a time.

      The manual states that with alkaline batteries, a single sensor
      should run for 2 years. I'd still be more happy for the 2 second
      transmission time and a possibility for a wired mode.

      Best Regards,
      Juha.

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "petros0022"
      <petros0022@...> wrote:

      > Thank you Juha
      > You are very correct, 3 minutes is long time for update weather
      data
      > in to console.
      > Generally it is a beautiful total weather station but the slow
      > update data every 3 minutes it make me sad and me to.
      >
      > best regards
      > Dimitris
      >

      > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Juha Jäntti
      > <jjantti2@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Dimitris,
      > >
      > > Thanks! A great find once again.
      > > What makes me sad is that the 2-550 updates only in 3 minute
      > > intervals. I was expecting better performance because it is new
      in
      > > design. Really disappointing.
      > >
      > > Best Regards,
      > > Juha.
      > >
      > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "petros0022"
      > > <petros0022@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Hello
      > > > I see a new weather station La-crosse ws 2 -550
      > > >
      > > > http://tinyurl.com/35keh6
      > > >
      > > > and here is the manual
      > > >
      > > > http://tinyurl.com/3ydrrq
      > > >

      > > > Best regards from Greece
      > > > Dimitris
      > > > http://www.geocities.com/meteo19671967

    • Juha Jäntti
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 14, 2007
        Dimitris,

        The Live mode is not said in the LaCrosse web site. It is said in the
        manual. The "Live Mode" is able to run for 20 seconds at a time. The 2
        second transmission seems to follow guidelines of the IT+ models seen
        before.

        It would have been reasonable to lock the rig into a constant 2 second
        transmission interval and have a power supply of its own. Doing so
        would have made the 2-550 the best LaCrosse unit on the market.