Re: New weather station La-crose ws 2-550

  • Juha Jäntti
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 8, 2007
      Dimitris,

      Thanks! A great find once again.
      What makes me sad is that the 2-550 updates only in 3 minute
      intervals. I was expecting better performance because it is new in
      design. Really disappointing.

      Best Regards,
      Juha.

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "petros0022"
      <petros0022@...> wrote:

      > Hello
      > I see a new weather station La-crosse ws 2 -550
      >
      > http://tinyurl.com/35keh6
      >
      > and here is the manual
      >
      > http://tinyurl.com/3ydrrq
      >

      > Best regards from Greece
      > Dimitris
      > http://www.geocities.com/meteo19671967

    • Juha Jäntti
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 8, 2007
        Dimitris,

        I took a short glimpse at the manual (Thank you for that too!).
        According to the manual, you can engage "Live Mode" that forces the
        outdoor sensors to switch into a different transmit mode, giving
        readouts every 2 seconds to the console.

        Now that's really something, but since the outdoor sensor rig doesn't
        support wired mode (Positive thing for protection against lightning
        strike damage), and has only batteries, the "Live Mode" can (and
        probably will) consume the batteries quickly. Furthermore, the "Live
        Mode" can be engaged for 20 seconds at a time.

        The manual states that with alkaline batteries, a single sensor
        should run for 2 years. I'd still be more happy for the 2 second
        transmission time and a possibility for a wired mode.

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 14, 2007
          Dimitris,

          The Live mode is not said in the LaCrosse web site. It is said in the
          manual. The "Live Mode" is able to run for 20 seconds at a time. The 2
          second transmission seems to follow guidelines of the IT+ models seen
          before.

          It would have been reasonable to lock the rig into a constant 2 second
          transmission interval and have a power supply of its own. Doing so
          would have made the 2-550 the best LaCrosse unit on the market.