WS-3600 update rate

  • Tomer Levy
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 6, 2007
      Hi,

      I'm using ws-3600 wireless.
      I see that I get update around every 3-5 minutes, while the display
      on the touchscreen updates every 2 minutes or faster, depending on
      wind speed (?)

      I changed the update rate using HWP software to 1 minute (was 5
      minutes) but still I see no change in the update interval I get using
      WUHU. HWP is otherwise causing crashes on my system, so I'm not using
      it.

      I can see in the HWP log file that is generated that the update is
      only once every few minutes and not every one minute, also the
      display on WUHU current status is often not up to date.

      My upload interval to WU is set to 300 sec, but from what I
      understood it shouldn't change anything, I'm also not using
      rapidfire, as I don't see the point if I get readsing from the
      station only every few minutes.

      I want to get thereadouts faster obviously, any idea?

      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 6, 2007
        Tomer,

        The only way to improve your update rate would be to run wired mode
        to the remote thermo.

        From the user manual:

        15.2 Data Transmission by 433 MHz Signal: Measuring Interval Thermo-
        Hygro Sensor: 128 s (at Wind speed ¡Ü 6.2 mph) or 32 s (at Wind speed
        > 6.2 mph, or on Wind Gust display); 10 Min. (if the Base Station
        does not receive any data after 5 successive attempts all outdoor
        displays except the rain amount revert to ¡°---¡°)

        15.3 Data Transmission by Cable: Measuring Interval Thermo-Hygro
        Sensor: 32 s

        The only other method would be to hack the electronics in the WS-36XX
        remote thermo as was done with the WS-23XX remote thermo. So far, I
        have not seen anyone attempt this.

        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Tomer Levy"