Re: [wuhu_software_group] Palm Software VERSUS WuHu Software

  • Karl Kingston
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 5, 2007
      OK.. I have a Palm Treo and it also has uses HotSync.

      The main question is this: Does the Palm use a USB or serial connection?

      If it is using the USB connection do this:

      make sure when you rightclick the icon you:

      1) make sure only USB connection is the only one connected. UNCHECK ANY
      other ones.

      If you do have a serial port, you may have more than one option
      checked--make sure you uncheck the that your Palm is NOT on.

      On Fri, 5 Oct 2007, Michael Detwiler wrote:

      > Hey Deborah:
      >
      > We use the Tungsten E series.
      >
      > In that 'local' tab, the only 'port' I can click on is #4...however, it is 'busy' because that's the one my weather station is using. I am stumped on what to do.
      >
      > ~Michael
      >

      > Check out my Weather Blog exclusively at:
      > http://cookevilleweatherguy.blogspot.com
      >

      > Grab this Headline Animator

    • Michael Detwiler
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 5, 2007
        It uses the USB option.

        Interesting Karl...thanks for that idea about having only the USB option checked...

        Check out my Weather Blog exclusively at:
        http://cookevilleweatherguy.blogspot.com

        The Weather Guy

        Grab this Headline Animator

        OK.. I have a Palm Treo and it also has uses HotSync.

        The main question is this: Does the Palm use a USB or serial connection?

        If it is using the USB connection do this:

        make sure when you rightclick the icon you:

        1) make sure only USB connection is the only one connected. UNCHECK ANY
        other ones.

        If you do have a serial port, you may have more than one option
        checked--make sure you uncheck the that your Palm is NOT on.

        On Fri, 5 Oct 2007, Michael Detwiler wrote:

        > Hey Deborah:
        >
        > We use the Tungsten E series.
        >
        > In that 'local' tab, the only 'port' I can click on is #4...however, it is 'busy' because that's the one my weather station is using. I am stumped on what to do.
        >
        > ~Michael
        >

        > Check out my Weather Blog exclusively at:
        > http://cookevillewe atherguy. blogspot. com
        >

        > Grab this Headline Animator

      • Deborah Kee
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 5, 2007
          I used the Tungsten E for a couple of years, before switching to the Treo in Jan. The Palm has become what's known as my "brain" by myself and my family.

          It's been (what seems) forever since I went through the complete install process for Palm, but I'm wondering why it chose com 4 ... I'm assuming you have the other com ports taken? And I wonder if you had the weather software running during installation - if so, it shouldn't have chosen one that was already in use.

          Let us know how it turns out Michael. I'm sure there's a way to work around this problem.

          ~ Deborah

          On 10/5/07, Michael Detwiler <cookevilleweatherguy@...> wrote:

          It uses the USB option.

          Interesting Karl...thanks for that idea about having only the USB option checked...

          Check out my Weather Blog exclusively at:
          http://cookevilleweatherguy.blogspot.com

          The Weather Guy

          Grab this Headline Animator

          OK.. I have a Palm Treo and it also has uses HotSync.

          The main question is this: Does the Palm use a USB or serial connection?

          If it is using the USB connection do this:

          make sure when you rightclick the icon you:

          1) make sure only USB connection is the only one connected. UNCHECK ANY
          other ones.

          If you do have a serial port, you may have more than one option
          checked--make sure you uncheck the that your Palm is NOT on.

          On Fri, 5 Oct 2007, Michael Detwiler wrote:

          > Hey Deborah:
          >
          > We use the Tungsten E series.
          >
          > In that 'local' tab, the only 'port' I can click on is #4...however, it is 'busy' because that's the one my weather station is using. I am stumped on what to do.
          >
          > ~Michael
          >

          > Check out my Weather Blog exclusively at:
          > http://cookevillewe atherguy. blogspot. com
          >

          > Grab this Headline Animator

          PLEASE NOTE *NEW* CALL SIGN:
               73's  de   K5KEE   Deborah