Palm Software VERSUS WuHu Software

  • Cookeville Weather Guy
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 4, 2007
      Ok Gang...here is my issue.

      My wife, who is very pregnant, will be working from home after she has
      our little girl and completes her maternity leave.

      When I went to install her Palm software, it won't 'synch' due to not
      being able to call up the port COM4 (that is where I have my Weather
      Station on). There aren't any other choices to use to operate the Palm.

      Any ideas?
    • Deborah Kee
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 4, 2007
        Which Palm are you using?

        Right clicking the task bar hotsync icon and clicking on "setup" should bring up a box which includes a "local" tab. There you should find a drop down list where you can choose which com port for the sync.

        Hope this helps ...

        ~ Deborah

        --
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        PLEASE NOTE *NEW* CALL SIGN:
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 5, 2007

          Hey Deborah:

          We use the Tungsten E series.

          In that 'local' tab, the only 'port' I can click on is #4...however, it is 'busy' because that's the one my weather station is using.  I am stumped on what to do.

          ~Michael

          Check out my Weather Blog exclusively at:
          http://cookevilleweatherguy.blogspot.com

          The Weather Guy

          Grab this Headline Animator

          Right clicking the task bar hotsync icon and clicking on "setup" should bring up a box which includes a "local" tab. There you should find a drop down list where you can choose which com port for the sync.

          Hope this helps ...

          ~ Deborah

          On 10/4/07, Cookeville Weather Guy <cookevilleweathergu y@... > wrote:

          Ok Gang...here is my issue.

          My wife, who is very pregnant, will be working from home after she has
          our little girl and completes her maternity leave.

          When I went to install her Palm software, it won't 'synch' due to not
          being able to call up the port COM4 (that is where I have my Weather
          Station on). There aren't any other choices to use to operate the Palm.

          Any ideas?

          --
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~
          PLEASE NOTE *NEW* CALL SIGN:

        • Karl Kingston
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 5, 2007
            OK.. I have a Palm Treo and it also has uses HotSync.

            The main question is this: Does the Palm use a USB or serial connection?

            If it is using the USB connection do this:

            make sure when you rightclick the icon you:

            1) make sure only USB connection is the only one connected. UNCHECK ANY
            other ones.

            If you do have a serial port, you may have more than one option
            checked--make sure you uncheck the that your Palm is NOT on.

            On Fri, 5 Oct 2007, Michael Detwiler wrote:

            > Hey Deborah:
            >
            > We use the Tungsten E series.
            >
            > In that 'local' tab, the only 'port' I can click on is #4...however, it is 'busy' because that's the one my weather station is using. I am stumped on what to do.
            >
            > ~Michael
            >

            > Check out my Weather Blog exclusively at:
            > http://cookevilleweatherguy.blogspot.com
            >

            > Grab this Headline Animator

          • Michael Detwiler

              OK.. I have a Palm Treo and it also has uses HotSync.

              The main question is this: Does the Palm use a USB or serial connection?

              If it is using the USB connection do this:

              make sure when you rightclick the icon you:

              1) make sure only USB connection is the only one connected. UNCHECK ANY
              other ones.

              If you do have a serial port, you may have more than one option
              checked--make sure you uncheck the that your Palm is NOT on.

              On Fri, 5 Oct 2007, Michael Detwiler wrote:

              > Hey Deborah:
              >
              > We use the Tungsten E series.
              >
              > In that 'local' tab, the only 'port' I can click on is #4...however, it is 'busy' because that's the one my weather station is using. I am stumped on what to do.
              >
              > ~Michael
              >

              > Check out my Weather Blog exclusively at:
              > http://cookevillewe atherguy. blogspot. com
              >

              > Grab this Headline Animator

            • Deborah Kee
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 5, 2007
                I used the Tungsten E for a couple of years, before switching to the Treo in Jan. The Palm has become what's known as my "brain" by myself and my family.

                It's been (what seems) forever since I went through the complete install process for Palm, but I'm wondering why it chose com 4 ... I'm assuming you have the other com ports taken? And I wonder if you had the weather software running during installation - if so, it shouldn't have chosen one that was already in use.

                Let us know how it turns out Michael. I'm sure there's a way to work around this problem.

                ~ Deborah

                On 10/5/07, Michael Detwiler <cookevilleweatherguy@...> wrote:

                It uses the USB option.

                Interesting Karl...thanks for that idea about having only the USB option checked...

                Check out my Weather Blog exclusively at:
                http://cookevilleweatherguy.blogspot.com

                The Weather Guy

                Grab this Headline Animator

                OK.. I have a Palm Treo and it also has uses HotSync.

                The main question is this: Does the Palm use a USB or serial connection?

                If it is using the USB connection do this:

                make sure when you rightclick the icon you:

                1) make sure only USB connection is the only one connected. UNCHECK ANY
                other ones.

                If you do have a serial port, you may have more than one option
                checked--make sure you uncheck the that your Palm is NOT on.

                On Fri, 5 Oct 2007, Michael Detwiler wrote:

                > Hey Deborah:
                >
                > We use the Tungsten E series.
                >
                > In that 'local' tab, the only 'port' I can click on is #4...however, it is 'busy' because that's the one my weather station is using. I am stumped on what to do.
                >
                > ~Michael
                >

                > Check out my Weather Blog exclusively at:
                > http://cookevillewe atherguy. blogspot. com
                >

                > Grab this Headline Animator

                PLEASE NOTE *NEW* CALL SIGN:
                     73's  de   K5KEE   Deborah