Re: Update for New LaCrosse-2316

  • chronarch33
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 30, 2007
      That's what I was hoping to achieve as well. It does seem to function
      much better in low wind environments unlike the turbine. I think my
      wind data would be even better if I wasn't surrounded by trees and
      houses. I need a 70 foot pole to get the sensor in the right area.
      HAHA. I did the best I could with siting and I will just live with
      it. I also like using the WUHU feature where you can report the 2 min
      average for rapidfire, which helps tweak the low wind speeds
      (dropouts to 0) and gusting issues that one would get surrounded by
      trees and houses.

      > Your screen capture shows that even in fairly low wind speeds the
      > measured speed does not report a zero wind speed for extended
      periods
      > of time as seen with the turbine type wind sensors.
      >
      > That is what I was looking for.
      >
      > Thanks for posting.
      >

      > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "chronarch33"
      > <chronarch33@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Uploaded the screen capture for you. I hope it was what you were
      > > looking for. I got some nice wind today with a strong frontal
      > system
      > > approaching WA. I put in the photos section under Chronarch33's
      > > weather station. Let me know if you need anything else. I have
      come
      > > to realize the 2316 is exactly the same as the 2308 station wise.
      > It
      > > just has a smaller redesigned station, a USB to serial converter,
      > and
      > > has the cup-style anemometer. The internal workings seem to be
      > > exactly the same.

      > > <wuhu_software@> wrote:
      > > >

      > > > Would it be possible to do a screen capture of your wind graphs
      > in
      > > > WUHU when the wind is blowing?
      > > >
      > > > To do a screen capture, view the screen then hit Ctrl-Alt-Print
      > > > screen. Open paint (programs, accessories, paint), then select
      > > paste
      > > > from the edit menu. Save the file (if type jpg if possible).
      > > >
      > > > You can then make a folder in the group photos to upload the
      > screen
      > > > capture.
      > > >
      > > > Thanks.
      > > >

      > > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "chronarch33"