Fwd: [wuhu_software_group] Re: Cloud sensor

    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 5, 2007
      Didn't say I liked the price, just a nice piece of equipment.
      20 or 30 years from now maybe the price will come down. LOL
      Actually for the intended use, it is probably worth the money if it
      could save expensive equipment.

      Steve
    • Mark Wyman
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 5, 2007

        Seems easy enough to create, as long as you can find a sensor or two in that range, which I think are readily used for surface temperature measurements. It would cost considerably less than this to make yourself.

        Didn't say I liked the price, just a nice piece of equipment.
        20 or 30 years from now maybe the price will come down. LOL
        Actually for the intended use, it is probably worth the money if it
        could save expensive equipment.

        Checked by AVG Free Edition.

        Checked by AVG Free Edition.

      • Juha Jäntti
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 6, 2007
          Hi,

          Absolutely fantastic find! Good job Dimitris!

          It's just the one I've been looking for, but... the price, the
          price.... Although it would cost less in Euros (with current exchange
          rate, 878 or so), it's still a bit expensive.

          Although when I did some comparison over prices between this and the
          Vaisala range of ceilometers, it's highly affordable, as Vaisala
          equipment is not only heavy and large, they're also very pricey
          (speculation only, I can't find any prices for them).

          Better start saving some money. A few months without eating should do
          the trick.... or not. ;-D

          In any case. I'll give hats up to Dimitris for this excellent find!

          Best Regards,
          Juha.
          Finland Weather Exchange
          Helsinki, Finland
          CW4473 / IUUSIMAA2

          --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "petros0022"
          <petros0022@...> wrote:

          > Hello from Greece
          >
          > I found a website with cloud sensor
          >
          > http://www.cyanogen.com/products/cloud_main.htm
          >
          > Dimitris from Greece
          > http://www.geocities.com/meteo19671967

        • Juha Jäntti
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 6, 2007
            Mark,

            You are correct. It seems to be relatively easy to obtain some of the
            components, but I think that anemometer part might be the most
            expensive of them (should one want to have it in the installation).

            I'm not that skilled in electronics (anymore), so if I gather up the
            components, a PCB and a soldering iron, I can do some very simple
            stuff from scratch. For more complex things I'll manage if I get
            instructions where each component goes. By my standards, I think a
            home-built cloud sensor goes to "complex" or "extremely complex" category.

            What about the software, then? It would prove useful to have some sort
            of a program that can read the measured data. My skills in program
            development is pretty much zero. Web development is another matter
            (HTML and PHP is something I can do) :)

            Well... We have WUHU, the Ultimate Community-driven Weather Software. :D

            Best Regards,
            Juha
            Finland Weather Exchange (FinWX)
            Helsinki, Finland