Fwd: [wuhu_software_group] Re: Cloud sensor

  • Deborah Kee
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 5, 2007
      Ditto ... I was really interested until I saw the price. Wow!  :-)

      --
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
         73's  de   KE5PWI    Deborah

      On 9/5/07, Rich Brunnworth <ibbrunnie@...> wrote:

      And only $1200!!
      Just a bit out of my price range.

      Rich

      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 5, 2007
        Didn't say I liked the price, just a nice piece of equipment.
        20 or 30 years from now maybe the price will come down. LOL
        Actually for the intended use, it is probably worth the money if it
        could save expensive equipment.

        Steve
      • Mark Wyman
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 5, 2007

          Seems easy enough to create, as long as you can find a sensor or two in that range, which I think are readily used for surface temperature measurements. It would cost considerably less than this to make yourself.

          Didn't say I liked the price, just a nice piece of equipment.
          20 or 30 years from now maybe the price will come down. LOL
          Actually for the intended use, it is probably worth the money if it
          could save expensive equipment.

          Checked by AVG Free Edition.

          Checked by AVG Free Edition.

        • Juha Jäntti
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 6, 2007
            Hi,

            Absolutely fantastic find! Good job Dimitris!

            It's just the one I've been looking for, but... the price, the
            price.... Although it would cost less in Euros (with current exchange
            rate, 878 or so), it's still a bit expensive.

            Although when I did some comparison over prices between this and the
            Vaisala range of ceilometers, it's highly affordable, as Vaisala
            equipment is not only heavy and large, they're also very pricey
            (speculation only, I can't find any prices for them).

            Better start saving some money. A few months without eating should do
            the trick.... or not. ;-D

            In any case. I'll give hats up to Dimitris for this excellent find!

            Best Regards,
            Juha.
            Finland Weather Exchange
            Helsinki, Finland
            CW4473 / IUUSIMAA2

            --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "petros0022"
            <petros0022@...> wrote:

            > Hello from Greece
            >
            > I found a website with cloud sensor
            >
            > http://www.cyanogen.com/products/cloud_main.htm
            >
            > Dimitris from Greece
            > http://www.geocities.com/meteo19671967

          • Juha Jäntti
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 6, 2007
              Mark,

              You are correct. It seems to be relatively easy to obtain some of the
              components, but I think that anemometer part might be the most
              expensive of them (should one want to have it in the installation).

              I'm not that skilled in electronics (anymore), so if I gather up the
              components, a PCB and a soldering iron, I can do some very simple
              stuff from scratch. For more complex things I'll manage if I get
              instructions where each component goes. By my standards, I think a
              home-built cloud sensor goes to "complex" or "extremely complex" category.

              What about the software, then? It would prove useful to have some sort
              of a program that can read the measured data. My skills in program
              development is pretty much zero. Web development is another matter
              (HTML and PHP is something I can do) :)

              Well... We have WUHU, the Ultimate Community-driven Weather Software. :D

              Best Regards,
              Juha
              Finland Weather Exchange (FinWX)
              Helsinki, Finland