Re: Cloud sensor

    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 5, 2007
      Dimitris,
      That is an awesome find, what an interesting piece of equipment.

      Steve
    • Rich Brunnworth
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 5, 2007
        And only $1200!!
        Just a bit out of my price range.

        Rich

        steve_03222 wrote:

        > That is an awesome find, what an interesting piece of equipment.

      • Deborah Kee
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 5, 2007
          Ditto ... I was really interested until I saw the price. Wow!  :-)

          --
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
             73's  de   KE5PWI    Deborah

          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 5, 2007
            Didn't say I liked the price, just a nice piece of equipment.
            20 or 30 years from now maybe the price will come down. LOL
            Actually for the intended use, it is probably worth the money if it
            could save expensive equipment.

            Steve
          • Mark Wyman
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 5, 2007

              Seems easy enough to create, as long as you can find a sensor or two in that range, which I think are readily used for surface temperature measurements. It would cost considerably less than this to make yourself.

              Didn't say I liked the price, just a nice piece of equipment.
              20 or 30 years from now maybe the price will come down. LOL
              Actually for the intended use, it is probably worth the money if it
              could save expensive equipment.

              Checked by AVG Free Edition.

              Checked by AVG Free Edition.

            • Juha Jäntti
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 6, 2007
                Hi,

                Absolutely fantastic find! Good job Dimitris!

                It's just the one I've been looking for, but... the price, the
                price.... Although it would cost less in Euros (with current exchange
                rate, 878 or so), it's still a bit expensive.

                Although when I did some comparison over prices between this and the
                Vaisala range of ceilometers, it's highly affordable, as Vaisala
                equipment is not only heavy and large, they're also very pricey
                (speculation only, I can't find any prices for them).

                Better start saving some money. A few months without eating should do
                the trick.... or not. ;-D

                In any case. I'll give hats up to Dimitris for this excellent find!

                Best Regards,
                Juha.
                Finland Weather Exchange
                Helsinki, Finland
                CW4473 / IUUSIMAA2

                --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "petros0022"
                <petros0022@...> wrote:

                > Hello from Greece
                >
                > I found a website with cloud sensor
                >
                > http://www.cyanogen.com/products/cloud_main.htm
                >
                > Dimitris from Greece
                > http://www.geocities.com/meteo19671967

              • Juha Jäntti
                Message 7 of 7 , Sep 6, 2007
                  Mark,

                  You are correct. It seems to be relatively easy to obtain some of the
                  components, but I think that anemometer part might be the most
                  expensive of them (should one want to have it in the installation).

                  I'm not that skilled in electronics (anymore), so if I gather up the
                  components, a PCB and a soldering iron, I can do some very simple
                  stuff from scratch. For more complex things I'll manage if I get
                  instructions where each component goes. By my standards, I think a
                  home-built cloud sensor goes to "complex" or "extremely complex" category.

                  What about the software, then? It would prove useful to have some sort
                  of a program that can read the measured data. My skills in program
                  development is pretty much zero. Web development is another matter
                  (HTML and PHP is something I can do) :)

                  Well... We have WUHU, the Ultimate Community-driven Weather Software. :D

                  Best Regards,
                  Juha
                  Finland Weather Exchange (FinWX)
                  Helsinki, Finland