Re: La crosse catalogue 2007-2008

  • Juha Jäntti
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 4, 2007
      WUHU,

      Looking at the 2-550 station, it seems like they've finally understood
      what would be the perfect way to handle those measuring units. :D

      The TX Combi is pretty much like the one we've seen in Davis'
      stations, although they're not as tightly packed. It looks nice, but
      is that picture of the TX Combi real or just a sketch of what it MIGHT
      look like? In my eyes, it looks as if it were drawn there...

      Besides, the station looks very, very interesting indeed. Let's hope
      they don't do any (major) modifications to the protocol or we're in
      for another raffle...

      At first I thought WS2500 was a good catch, but after checking the
      specs, I stepped back: Update rate of 3 minutes is very, very
      unappealing by any standard. With an update rate that long, you are
      destined to lose some information on the way.

      Besides, the WS2500 is only a Display to Computer interface for the
      WS7000 outdoor measuring units and the computer is connected with the
      station by USB.

      The WS7000-13 seems to be the 'station' (or more likely: receiver)
      without displays, intended for a straight-forward transmission of
      weather data to computer, but using a serial interface. Unfortunately,
      the measuring interval is still that same 3 minutes nonetheless.

      Best Regards,
      Juha
      Finland Weather Exchange (FinWX)
      Helsinki, Finland