Re: La crosse catalogue 2007-2008

    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 1, 2007
      Dimitris,

      I am pretty sure the only difference is the transmission frequencies
      used by the wireless sensors that are regulated by government.

      Here in the U.S., the 433Mhz frequency is used. I am not sure what is
      used in Europe.

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "petros0022"
      <petros0022@...> wrote:

      > Ôhank you WUHU author
      >
      > i see the 3650 at page 24 ,it have ITT system i see to send data in
      > console at 4 sec i thing ,i do not know if it have usb
      conection,and
      > anemometer with cups
      >
      > 2350 is the same with 2300 i thing ,the differend is the usb
      > conection and anemometer with cups
      >
      > At page 32 is the new weather station name ws 2-550
      >
      > I observe slowly slowly La crosse company stop to make anemometers
      > with propeles .
      >
      > And one question :
      > Who is the differend bettwen ws 2300 and ws 2305 at Europe
      > or ws 2310 and ws 2315 at USA
      >

      > Best regards from Greece
      > Dimitris
      > http://www.geocities.com/meteo19671967

      > <wuhu_software@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Dimitris,
      > >
      > > Good find.
      > >
      > > I see on page 24 a re-vamp of the WS-36XX with the 900Mhz
      > > transmissions, PC interface (hopefully the same
      interface/protocol

      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 2, 2007
        Other than the cosmetic differences in the case, and that they
        require a different power adapter (120 versus 240 VAC), there is no
        differences other than minor hardware revisions that La Crosse seems
        to do now and then.

        <petros0022@...> wrote:

        > WUHU author yes and here at Europe 433 MHZ we are use .
        > My question it was who difference it have, no about frequency, but
        > from technical characteristics between 2300 and 2305 La-crosse
        > weather stations ,or it weather stations is same ,and it only
        > changes from it is optical picture about it ??
        >
        > Thank you
        > Dimitris - Greece

        > <wuhu_software@> wrote:
        > >

        > > Dimitris,
        > >
        > > I am pretty sure the only difference is the transmission
        > frequencies
        > > used by the wireless sensors that are regulated by government.
        > >
        > > Here in the U.S., the 433Mhz frequency is used. I am not sure
        what
        > is
        > > used in Europe.
        > >

        > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "petros0022"
        > > <petros0022@> wrote:
        > > >

        > > > Ôhank you WUHU author
        > > >
        > > > i see the 3650 at page 24 ,it have ITT system i see to send
        data
        > in
        > > > console at 4 sec i thing ,i do not know if it have usb
        > > conection,and
        > > > anemometer with cups
        > > >
        > > > 2350 is the same with 2300 i thing ,the differend is the usb
        > > > conection and anemometer with cups
        > > >
        > > > At page 32 is the new weather station name ws 2-550
        > > >
        > > > I observe slowly slowly La crosse company stop to make
        > anemometers
        > > > with propeles .
        > > >
        > > > And one question :
        > > > Who is the differend bettwen ws 2300 and ws 2305 at Europe
        > > > or ws 2310 and ws 2315 at USA
        > > >

        > > > Best regards from Greece
        > > > Dimitris
        > > > http://www.geocities.com/meteo19671967

        > > interface/protocol
        > > > as

        > 23XX
        > > > with

        > > weather

      • Juha Jäntti
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 3, 2007
          WUHU,

          Here in Europe we have both frequencies in use, 433MHz and 866-868MHz.
          The 900MHz is reserved for the cellular network (lower frequency
          area). The only difference between the stations sold in Europe and the
          U.S. is the transmit power of the Thermo/Hygro unit and the station. I
          think in the U.S. it's a bit higher.

          Dimitris,

          WS-2300 and 2305 are both identical in design (meaning they have the
          same functions). The only difference is the look of the station. The
          2300 has all the buttons on the right side of the station, whereas the
          2305 has all the buttons below the screen, with buttons used for
          station setup (for example, the '+' and the '-' keys) under cover.
          I think the 2310 and 2315 have the same characteristics.

          Best Regards,
          Juha.
          Finland Weather Exchange (FinWX)
          Helsinki, Finland
          CW4473 / IUUSIMAA2

          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 4, 2007
            WUHU,

            Looking at the 2-550 station, it seems like they've finally understood
            what would be the perfect way to handle those measuring units. :D

            The TX Combi is pretty much like the one we've seen in Davis'
            stations, although they're not as tightly packed. It looks nice, but
            is that picture of the TX Combi real or just a sketch of what it MIGHT
            look like? In my eyes, it looks as if it were drawn there...

            Besides, the station looks very, very interesting indeed. Let's hope
            they don't do any (major) modifications to the protocol or we're in
            for another raffle...

            At first I thought WS2500 was a good catch, but after checking the
            specs, I stepped back: Update rate of 3 minutes is very, very
            unappealing by any standard. With an update rate that long, you are
            destined to lose some information on the way.

            Besides, the WS2500 is only a Display to Computer interface for the
            WS7000 outdoor measuring units and the computer is connected with the
            station by USB.

            The WS7000-13 seems to be the 'station' (or more likely: receiver)
            without displays, intended for a straight-forward transmission of
            weather data to computer, but using a serial interface. Unfortunately,
            the measuring interval is still that same 3 minutes nonetheless.