WS 2308

  • oldcessna21
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 15, 2007
      I have grown tired of repairing my sensors on a daily basis on my
      WS2308. As of noon, local time today, I have switched to a WMR968 I
      picked up While in the US this summer.
      On the 2308, the rain sensor has been giving me fits for the last few
      weeks. I have rewired it a couple of times and troubleshoot it many
      more. I have decided that the magnetic "bucket tip switch" has gone
      intermittent. It will read sometimes and not on others.
      After re-wiring the wind sensor, (according to instructions provided
      by LaCrosse) it seemed to be working well until the last couple of
      days. Now it has gone intermittent as well, on wind speed, direction
      seems ok.
      For the record, the WMR rain sensor seems to be more accurate than the
      2308's. (Based on a crude home devised manual read rain sensor) That
      could be due to the intermittent switch.
      Also for the record,I was advised (many times) by LaCrosse tech that
      any warranty issues that came up would require me to pay shipping both
      ways. That would probably exceed the cost of the replacement part. I
      understood that. I just did not anticipate the problems I would have
      with their equipment. They were the only ones who were willing to ship
      overseas to start with.
      Dennis Doty
      Subic Bay, Philippines
      IZAMBALE1 CW7056
    • thundersnow32
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 3, 2011
        Howdy!

        I have a LaCrosse 2308 Weather Station, and I wanting to know if there was a way to make it so that it can update in 8 second intervals without using a cable?? I thought I seen a read out of someone who did this but its been a while back.

        Thanks!!
      • Don Lafferty
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 3, 2011
          Check here.  There is a document called Modification wireless out remote temp.doc .

          That tells you how to do it.
          Don

          On Sun, Apr 3, 2011 at 2:52 PM, thundersnow32 <thundersnow32@...> wrote:

          Howdy!

          I have a LaCrosse 2308 Weather Station, and I wanting to know if there was a way to make it so that it can update in 8 second intervals without using a cable?? I thought I seen a read out of someone who did this but its been a while back.

          Thanks!!

        • Joseph Kareh
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 4, 2011
            Howdy

             check this link, i already did it 3 days ago and its working 100% 5 sencond interval update

            regards

            Joseph A. Kareh
            josephkareh@...
            www.jkajaltoun.localweatherview.net