Re: minimum pc for wuhu?

  • larrymyers312000
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 9, 2007
      Personally, I am using a 466 Mhz IBM thinkpad 600E for the same thing,
      now I do have 512 Meg of RAM but I am also running XP on it and WUHU
      works fine, even with MYSQL (with auto imports) and multiple
      templates, now granted I am only seeing updates at about every 2 mins
      but it seems to run fine. I used to run Weather Display and that
      almost tapped the poor laptop too much, WUHU is much less demanding on
      it. Now I need to decide if I should go wired so I can get the 8 secs
      updates from my WS2308, but lightning is my biggest concern even
      though it would be over wireless LAN I would rather not lose the laptop.

      The only problem I have with the laptop is that when the power goes
      out, the laptop does not reboot, the thing is so old the battery is
      dead, so I have to turn it back on myself.

      Hope that helps you
      Larry