Re: [wuhu_software_group] Re: Anyone with JpGraph (php lib) experience?

  • John Liss
    Message 1 of 15 , Aug 2, 2007
      Here is one to roll your own:

      http://www.codeproject.com/miscctrl/nschart.asp

      John Liss sat down at the console on 8/2/2007 9:38 AM and madly banged out:
      > Aw. I get what you are trying to do.
      > Just have the ability to dump a page with data in it and produce images.
      >
      > Advsoft has some REEEALY cool charting libs for C++.
      > http://www.advsofteng.com/
      >
      > Expensive though. You could try to see if you can get a 'ad' type deal
      > with them or some promo. Either that or do the open source world.
      > JPGraph is awesome. However it will require a php install with GD.
      >
      > Finding them free ones is hard. :/
      > -John
      >

      > wuhu_software sat down at the console on 8/2/2007 8:47 AM and madly
      > banged out:
      >
      >> John,
      >>
      >> I was thinking doing something on the client side so that users could
      >> post pages on their ISPs server without having to host anything.
      >>
      >> Personally, I do not run a webserver but I do have webspace at
      >> comcast.
    • John Liss
      Message 2 of 15 , Aug 2, 2007
        Or

        http://www.codeproject.com/csharp/zedgraph.asp
        http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=114675

        This one looks better.

        John Liss sat down at the console on 8/2/2007 9:45 AM and madly banged out:

        Message 3 of 15 , Aug 2, 2007
          Advsoft looks interesting although it is a bit pricey as you say.

          The zedgraph looks interesting if I were to port to C#.

          I was hoping on finding something to just render the data (like with
          chart) but reference some type of csv file that it pulls down from
          the net.

          Thanks for the tips.

          --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, John Liss <john@...>
          wrote:

          > Or
          >
          > http://www.codeproject.com/csharp/zedgraph.asp
          > http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=114675
          >
          > This one looks better.
          >
          > John Liss sat down at the console on 8/2/2007 9:45 AM and madly
          banged out:
          > > Here is one to roll your own:
          > >
          > > http://www.codeproject.com/miscctrl/nschart.asp
          > >
          > > John Liss sat down at the console on 8/2/2007 9:38 AM and madly
          banged out:

          > >> Aw. I get what you are trying to do.
          > >> Just have the ability to dump a page with data in it and produce
          images.

          > >> Advsoft has some REEEALY cool charting libs for C++.
          > >> http://www.advsofteng.com/
          > >>
          > >> Expensive though. You could try to see if you can get a 'ad'
          type deal
          > >> with them or some promo. Either that or do the open source
          world.
          > >> JPGraph is awesome. However it will require a php install with
          GD.

          > >> Finding them free ones is hard. :/
          > >> -John
          > >>

          > >> wuhu_software sat down at the console on 8/2/2007 8:47 AM and
          madly
          > >> banged out:

          > > Want more or less group messages (Special notices as a minimum)?

          > > WUHU Download page:
          > > http://home.comcast.net/~wuhu_software/
          > > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • John Liss
          Message 4 of 15 , Aug 2, 2007
            You could just make a console .net app that spits out the image
            *shrug*

            wuhu_software sat down at the console on 8/2/2007 10:19 AM and madly
            banged out:

            Message 5 of 15 , Aug 2, 2007
              John,

              What is the difference between a console .net app and a regular .net
              app?

              I am not in to .net yet, was thinking about getting in to C# .net.

              Do you have a lot of .net experience?

              Thanks.

              wrote:

              > You could just make a console .net app that spits out the image
              > *shrug*
              >

              > wuhu_software sat down at the console on 8/2/2007 10:19 AM and
              madly
              > banged out:
              > > Advsoft looks interesting although it is a bit pricey as you say.
              > >
              > > The zedgraph looks interesting if I were to port to C#.
              > >
              > > I was hoping on finding something to just render the data (like
              with
              > > chart) but reference some type of csv file that it pulls down
              from
              > > the net.
              > >
              > > Thanks for the tips.
              > >

              > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, John Liss <john@>
              > > wrote:
              > >
              > >> Or
              > >>
              > >> http://www.codeproject.com/csharp/zedgraph.asp
              > >> http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=114675
              > >>
              > >> This one looks better.
              > >>
              > >> John Liss sat down at the console on 8/2/2007 9:45 AM and madly
              > >>
              > > banged out:

              > > banged out:

              > > images.

              > > type deal

              > > world.

              > > GD.

              > > madly

              > > could

              > > Want more or less group messages (Special notices as a minimum)?

              > > WUHU Download page:
              > > http://home.comcast.net/~wuhu_software/
              > > Yahoo! Groups Links

            • John Liss
              Message 6 of 15 , Aug 2, 2007
                Console is just like C++'s cmd line apps.
                A Window Form App is like what you run with C++.

                cmd line vs window basically Same concepts as C++
                I have lots of asp.net 1.1 and 2.0 stuff. I haven't dove into .net 3.0
                yet. I've written lots of stuff for various different utils we use
                around the office. sending email, resetting date times on files, RDP
                manager, password managers etc.

                I find C++ more hardcore where you can interface directly with hardware
                etc.. tons faster than .net, but I love .net for the ease of use factor.
                (Where you have to rename 1200 objects in AD, or move with logic 1200
                shares, accessing db's... etc etc.

                -John

                wuhu_software sat down at the console on 8/2/2007 10:51 AM and madly
                banged out:

              • John Liss
                Message 7 of 15 , Aug 2, 2007
                • fikkaud
                  Message 8 of 15 , Aug 2, 2007
                    I agree, Lovely software for creating graphs.
                    My site is based on jpgraph. Either direct plots or through
                    http://aguilmard.com 's graphweather software.

                    regards
                    Audun
                    http://vindkast.com

                    --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, John Liss <john@...> wrote:

                    > Yup wonderful software. Fast!
                    >
                    > wuhu_software sat down at the console on 8/2/2007 7:12 AM and madly
                    > banged out:
                    > >
                    > > This package looks interesting and might be nice for making some nice
                    > > web page graphs.
                    > >
                    > > Does anyone have experience with it?
                    > >
                    > > Thanks.
                    > >
                    > > ---
                    > >
                    > > JpGraph is a Object-Oriented Graph creating library for PHP >= 4.3.1
                    > > The library is completely written in PHP and ready to be used in any
                    > > PHP scripts (both CGI/APXS/CLI versions of PHP are supported).
                    > >
                    > > http://www.aditus.nu/jpgraph/features_gallery.php#SplinePlots

                  • larrymyers312000
                    Message 9 of 15 , Aug 9, 2007
                      I just wanted to thank everyone in this thread for showing me jpgraph.
                      As a new WUHU user and wanting to go to a full mysql setup I also
                      wanted a charting tool and jpgraph is just plain SWEET! I have had to
                      start to learn PHP but it is relatively close to asp so it isnt real bad.

                      I did have one question that maybe someone can help with, if I wanted
                      to put check boxes on the webpage so that the graphs options could be
                      changed dynamically, how could this be done? only through a frame or
                      is there some way of doing within the graphs webpage?

                      Thanks again everyone,
                      Larry