Re: [wuhu_software_group] Re: Anyone with JpGraph (php lib) experience?

  • John Liss
    Message 1 of 15 , Aug 2, 2007
      Aw. I get what you are trying to do.
      Just have the ability to dump a page with data in it and produce images.

      Advsoft has some REEEALY cool charting libs for C++.
      http://www.advsofteng.com/

      Expensive though. You could try to see if you can get a 'ad' type deal
      with them or some promo. Either that or do the open source world.
      JPGraph is awesome. However it will require a php install with GD.

      Finding them free ones is hard. :/
      -John

      wuhu_software sat down at the console on 8/2/2007 8:47 AM and madly
      banged out:

    • John Liss
      Message 2 of 15 , Aug 2, 2007
        Here is one to roll your own:

        http://www.codeproject.com/miscctrl/nschart.asp

        John Liss sat down at the console on 8/2/2007 9:38 AM and madly banged out:
        > Aw. I get what you are trying to do.
        > Just have the ability to dump a page with data in it and produce images.
        >
        > Advsoft has some REEEALY cool charting libs for C++.
        > http://www.advsofteng.com/
        >
        > Expensive though. You could try to see if you can get a 'ad' type deal
        > with them or some promo. Either that or do the open source world.
        > JPGraph is awesome. However it will require a php install with GD.
        >
        > Finding them free ones is hard. :/
        > -John
        >

        > wuhu_software sat down at the console on 8/2/2007 8:47 AM and madly
        > banged out:
        >
        >> John,
        >>
        >> I was thinking doing something on the client side so that users could
        >> post pages on their ISPs server without having to host anything.
        >>
        >> Personally, I do not run a webserver but I do have webspace at
        >> comcast.
      • John Liss
        Message 3 of 15 , Aug 2, 2007
          Or

          http://www.codeproject.com/csharp/zedgraph.asp
          http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=114675

          This one looks better.

          John Liss sat down at the console on 8/2/2007 9:45 AM and madly banged out:

          Message 4 of 15 , Aug 2, 2007
            Advsoft looks interesting although it is a bit pricey as you say.

            The zedgraph looks interesting if I were to port to C#.

            I was hoping on finding something to just render the data (like with
            chart) but reference some type of csv file that it pulls down from
            the net.

            Thanks for the tips.

            wrote:

            > Or
            >
            > http://www.codeproject.com/csharp/zedgraph.asp
            > http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=114675
            >
            > This one looks better.
            >
            > John Liss sat down at the console on 8/2/2007 9:45 AM and madly
            banged out:
            > > Here is one to roll your own:
            > >
            > > http://www.codeproject.com/miscctrl/nschart.asp
            > >
            > > John Liss sat down at the console on 8/2/2007 9:38 AM and madly
            banged out:

            > >> Aw. I get what you are trying to do.
            > >> Just have the ability to dump a page with data in it and produce
            images.

            > >> Advsoft has some REEEALY cool charting libs for C++.
            > >> http://www.advsofteng.com/
            > >>
            > >> Expensive though. You could try to see if you can get a 'ad'
            type deal
            > >> with them or some promo. Either that or do the open source
            world.
            > >> JPGraph is awesome. However it will require a php install with
            GD.

            > >> Finding them free ones is hard. :/
            > >> -John
            > >>

            > >> wuhu_software sat down at the console on 8/2/2007 8:47 AM and
            madly
            > >> banged out:

            > > Want more or less group messages (Special notices as a minimum)?

            > > WUHU Download page:
            > > http://home.comcast.net/~wuhu_software/
            > > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • John Liss
            Message 5 of 15 , Aug 2, 2007
              You could just make a console .net app that spits out the image
              *shrug*

              wuhu_software sat down at the console on 8/2/2007 10:19 AM and madly
              banged out:

              Message 6 of 15 , Aug 2, 2007
                John,

                What is the difference between a console .net app and a regular .net
                app?

                I am not in to .net yet, was thinking about getting in to C# .net.

                Do you have a lot of .net experience?

                Thanks.

                wrote:

                > You could just make a console .net app that spits out the image
                > *shrug*
                >

                > wuhu_software sat down at the console on 8/2/2007 10:19 AM and
                madly
                > banged out:
                > > Advsoft looks interesting although it is a bit pricey as you say.
                > >
                > > The zedgraph looks interesting if I were to port to C#.
                > >
                > > I was hoping on finding something to just render the data (like
                with
                > > chart) but reference some type of csv file that it pulls down
                from
                > > the net.
                > >
                > > Thanks for the tips.
                > >

                > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, John Liss <john@>
                > > wrote:
                > >
                > >> Or
                > >>
                > >> http://www.codeproject.com/csharp/zedgraph.asp
                > >> http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=114675
                > >>
                > >> This one looks better.
                > >>
                > >> John Liss sat down at the console on 8/2/2007 9:45 AM and madly
                > >>
                > > banged out:

                > > banged out:

                > > images.

                > > type deal

                > > world.

                > > GD.

                > > madly

                > > could

                > > Want more or less group messages (Special notices as a minimum)?

                > > WUHU Download page:
                > > http://home.comcast.net/~wuhu_software/
                > > Yahoo! Groups Links

              • John Liss
                Message 7 of 15 , Aug 2, 2007
                  Console is just like C++'s cmd line apps.
                  A Window Form App is like what you run with C++.

                  cmd line vs window basically Same concepts as C++
                  I have lots of asp.net 1.1 and 2.0 stuff. I haven't dove into .net 3.0
                  yet. I've written lots of stuff for various different utils we use
                  around the office. sending email, resetting date times on files, RDP
                  manager, password managers etc.

                  I find C++ more hardcore where you can interface directly with hardware
                  etc.. tons faster than .net, but I love .net for the ease of use factor.
                  (Where you have to rename 1200 objects in AD, or move with logic 1200
                  shares, accessing db's... etc etc.

                  -John

                  wuhu_software sat down at the console on 8/2/2007 10:51 AM and madly
                  banged out:

                • John Liss
                  Message 8 of 15 , Aug 2, 2007
                  • fikkaud
                    Message 9 of 15 , Aug 2, 2007
                      I agree, Lovely software for creating graphs.
                      My site is based on jpgraph. Either direct plots or through
                      http://aguilmard.com 's graphweather software.

                      regards
                      Audun
                      http://vindkast.com

                      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, John Liss <john@...> wrote:

                      > Yup wonderful software. Fast!
                      >
                      > wuhu_software sat down at the console on 8/2/2007 7:12 AM and madly
                      > banged out:
                      > >
                      > > This package looks interesting and might be nice for making some nice
                      > > web page graphs.
                      > >
                      > > Does anyone have experience with it?
                      > >
                      > > Thanks.
                      > >
                      > > ---
                      > >
                      > > JpGraph is a Object-Oriented Graph creating library for PHP >= 4.3.1
                      > > The library is completely written in PHP and ready to be used in any
                      > > PHP scripts (both CGI/APXS/CLI versions of PHP are supported).
                      > >
                      > > http://www.aditus.nu/jpgraph/features_gallery.php#SplinePlots

                    • larrymyers312000
                      Message 10 of 15 , Aug 9, 2007
                        I just wanted to thank everyone in this thread for showing me jpgraph.
                        As a new WUHU user and wanting to go to a full mysql setup I also
                        wanted a charting tool and jpgraph is just plain SWEET! I have had to
                        start to learn PHP but it is relatively close to asp so it isnt real bad.

                        I did have one question that maybe someone can help with, if I wanted
                        to put check boxes on the webpage so that the graphs options could be
                        changed dynamically, how could this be done? only through a frame or
                        is there some way of doing within the graphs webpage?

                        Thanks again everyone,
                        Larry