Re: OT: Ham Exams

  • chief.0360
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 1, 2007
      Great Job Deb!
      I have been studying for the 3rd level (General) for months now.

      Bunny
      KE5CCY
      -

      -- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, DKee <debkee@...> wrote:

      > Just have to share this ... I took and passed the first two levels of
      the
      > FCC's ham exams last night and passed both! Went ahead and tried the
      3rd but
      > only got 50% (not too bad, really, since I hadn't studied any for
      that one).
      > So in a week or so, I'll have a call sign and be able to use the air
      waves!

      > Now, to work on getting a system (will use echolink till then) ... and
      > studying for the 3rd level. :-)
      >

      > ~ Deborah

    • DKee
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 1, 2007
        HamTestOnline.com   ...

        Absolutely wonderful place to study & practice. General is a bugger - but we'll get it done, eh Bunny?  :-)

        ~ Deborah

        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 1, 2007
          Deborah,
          AWESOME !!!!
          Congratulations.

          Steve
        • stevech@san.rr.com
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 1, 2007
            Congrats!
            Steve
            WB6CSZ

            > Once you are a ham, you can teach the rest of us the ropes. :)
            >

            > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, DKee <debkee@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > Just have to share this ... I took and passed the first two
            > levels of
            > the
            > > FCC's ham exams last night and passed both! Went ahead and tried
            > the
            > 3rd but
            > > only got 50% (not too bad, really, since I hadn't studied any for
            > that one).
            > > So in a week or so, I'll have a call sign and be able to use the
            > air
            > waves!
            > >
            > > Now, to work on getting a system (will use echolink till then)
            > ... and
            > > studying for the 3rd level. :-)
            > >

            > > ~ Deborah

          • Wayne Thomas
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 2, 2007
              Sounds Great!!
              I haven't used Echolink in quite a few years. Pass along your call and
              we'll give
              it a shot.. Been too tied up on the commercial side around here for much
              else for awhile.

              Good Luck!

              73's

              Wayne