OT: Ham Exams

  • DKee
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 1, 2007
      Just have to share this ... I took and passed the first two levels of the FCC's ham exams last night and passed both! Went ahead and tried the 3rd but only got 50% (not too bad, really, since I hadn't studied any for that one). So in a week or so, I'll have a call sign and be able to use the air waves!

      Now, to work on getting a system (will use echolink till then) ... and studying for the 3rd level.  :-)

      ~ Deborah

      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 1, 2007
        Congratulations Deborah.

        Once you are a ham, you can teach the rest of us the ropes. :)

        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, DKee <debkee@...> wrote:

        > Just have to share this ... I took and passed the first two levels of
        the
        > FCC's ham exams last night and passed both! Went ahead and tried the
        3rd but
        > only got 50% (not too bad, really, since I hadn't studied any for
        that one).
        > So in a week or so, I'll have a call sign and be able to use the air
        waves!

        > Now, to work on getting a system (will use echolink till then) ... and
        > studying for the 3rd level. :-)
        >

        > ~ Deborah

      • Don
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 1, 2007
          That is a nice accomplishment Deborah and Echo link is a nice
          substitute when you're not in the mood for checking SWR's and fooling
          around with all the tuning to start broadcasting. Friend of mine gave
          me a demonstration of Echo Link last week and it's pretty neat.
          don

          > Congratulations Deborah.
          >
          > Once you are a ham, you can teach the rest of us the ropes. :)
          >

          > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, DKee <debkee@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Just have to share this ... I took and passed the first two levels of
          > the
          > > FCC's ham exams last night and passed both! Went ahead and tried the
          > 3rd but
          > > only got 50% (not too bad, really, since I hadn't studied any for
          > that one).
          > > So in a week or so, I'll have a call sign and be able to use the air
          > waves!
          > >
          > > Now, to work on getting a system (will use echolink till then) ... and
          > > studying for the 3rd level. :-)
          > >

          > > ~ Deborah

        • chief.0360
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 1, 2007
            Great Job Deb!
            I have been studying for the 3rd level (General) for months now.

            Bunny
            KE5CCY
            -

            -- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, DKee <debkee@...> wrote:

            > Just have to share this ... I took and passed the first two levels of
            the
            > FCC's ham exams last night and passed both! Went ahead and tried the
            3rd but
            > only got 50% (not too bad, really, since I hadn't studied any for
            that one).
            > So in a week or so, I'll have a call sign and be able to use the air
            waves!

            > Now, to work on getting a system (will use echolink till then) ... and
            > studying for the 3rd level. :-)
            >

            > ~ Deborah

          • DKee
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 1, 2007
              HamTestOnline.com   ...

              Absolutely wonderful place to study & practice. General is a bugger - but we'll get it done, eh Bunny?  :-)

              ~ Deborah

              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 1, 2007
                Deborah,
                AWESOME !!!!
                Congratulations.

                Steve
              • stevech@san.rr.com
                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 1, 2007
                  Congrats!
                  Steve
                  WB6CSZ

                  > Once you are a ham, you can teach the rest of us the ropes. :)
                  >

                  > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, DKee <debkee@...> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Just have to share this ... I took and passed the first two
                  > levels of
                  > the
                  > > FCC's ham exams last night and passed both! Went ahead and tried
                  > the
                  > 3rd but
                  > > only got 50% (not too bad, really, since I hadn't studied any for
                  > that one).
                  > > So in a week or so, I'll have a call sign and be able to use the
                  > air
                  > waves!
                  > >
                  > > Now, to work on getting a system (will use echolink till then)
                  > ... and
                  > > studying for the 3rd level. :-)
                  > >

                  > > ~ Deborah

                • Wayne Thomas
                  Message 8 of 8 , Aug 2, 2007
                    Sounds Great!!
                    I haven't used Echolink in quite a few years. Pass along your call and
                    we'll give
                    it a shot.. Been too tied up on the commercial side around here for much
                    else for awhile.

                    Good Luck!

                    73's

                    Wayne