Re: [wuhu_software_group] v215 Refresh, action files.

  • John Liss
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 1, 2007
      Now THAT is the snaNICK!
      Cool stuff man. GD yar good!

      wuhu_software sat down at the console on 8/1/2007 12:27 PM and madly
      banged out:
      > Now you can specify an action file versus a single action, or list of
      > templates to be executed as an action.
      >
      > The action file is just a regular text file created with notepad
      > containing one action per line.
      >
      > For example, if I create a text file with notepad, called actions.txt
      > that is stored in the C:\heavyweather directory, I will specify the
      > following in the action box:
      >
      > actionfile:C:\heavyweather\actions.txt
      >
      > within the actions file, list any number of actions as you would in the
      > normal action box.
      >
      > Example:
      >
      > template:"C:\HeavyWeather\InputTest.htm"
      > "C:\HeavyWeather\OutputTest.htm"
      > template:"C:\HeavyWeather\InputTest2.htm"
      > "C:\HeavyWeather\OutputTest2.htm"
      > template:"C:\HeavyWeather\InputTest3.htm"
      > "C:\HeavyWeather\OutputTest3.htm"
      > C:\HeavyWeather\mybatchfile.cmd
      >
      > That will process 3 template files then run a batch file.
      >
      > There is no limit to the number of executables, templates, or webservice
      > calls that can be made per file.
      >
      > There should be no limitation on the length of any line.
      >
      > Good luck!!

      > WUHU Download page:
      > http://home.comcast.net/~wuhu_software/
      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • mrtn_kstr
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 4, 2007
        Does this require an extra setting in the config file?
        It seems it doesn't fire at my computer ...

        And can the [path]\[filename] have spaces?
        like c:\program files\wuhu\action.txt

        Also it's a little unclear when to use quotes and/or spaces
        e.g;

        template: "in.htm" "out.htm"
        or
        template:"in.htm" "out.htm"

        and

        action:action.txt
        or
        action: action.txt
        or
        action:"action.txt"

        etc.

        Martin
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 4, 2007
          Martin,

          The reason for the quotes around the filenames is that Windows uses
          long file names that can include spaces. This makes parsing difficult
          unless you enclose the filenames (and paths) with quotes.

          First, there is no action: keyword. There is actionfile:

          So you could do the following:

          actionfile:"C:\Heavyweather\Actionfile.txt"

          As above, specify the entire path when specifying templates.

          template: "c:\heavyweather\in.htm" "c:\heavyweather\out.htm"

          Otherwise it will look in the "current working directory" that
          constantly changes under Windows. It might be set to C:\Program
          files\WUHU and it may not. So always specify the entire path and
          filename to be safe.

          --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "mrtn_kstr"
          <kostermw@...> wrote:

          > Does this require an extra setting in the config file?
          > It seems it doesn't fire at my computer ...
          >
          > And can the [path]\[filename] have spaces?
          > like c:\program files\wuhu\action.txt
          >
          > Also it's a little unclear when to use quotes and/or spaces
          > e.g;
          >
          > template: "in.htm" "out.htm"
          > or
          > template:"in.htm" "out.htm"
          >
          > and
          >
          > action:action.txt
          > or
          > action: action.txt
          > or
          > action:"action.txt"
          >
          > etc.
          >

          > Martin

        • mrtn_kstr
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 6, 2007
            > The reason for the quotes around the filenames is that
            > Windows uses long file names that can include spaces.
            > This makes parsing difficult unless you enclose
            > the filenames (and paths) with quotes.

            Yes, I understand, but I got confused of when to use them and when
            not. There are some examples in various messages on this board, and
            some have quotes, and others don't. Since I could not get the action
            file to fire, I started to believe it had to do with quotes and
            spaces.

            So, the correct syntax is <action><:>[<space>][<quote>]<full path and
            [<quote>]]

            where action can be
            template
            actionfile

            The first space is thus optional, but required to seperate multiple
            path/filenames. Also the quotes are optional unless you have spaces
            in the path/filename

            > First, there is no action: keyword. There is actionfile

            And indeed (thanks) if you use <action> instead of <actionfile> it
            will not work. Completely ovelooked this (stupid). Sorry for that.

            It works flawlessly!
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 6, 2007
              Martin,

              You are correct, the only thing I would add is that the quotes are
              not optional when specifying the template filenames. This was done to
              make life easier on me.

              <action><:>[space]<quote><full path and

              The actions to launch programs and batch files is a bit different: