currdat.lst and archiving and backup

  • RS Moreland
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 5, 2007
      Greetings,
      I've switched to a different computer and started a new data file. How
      much data is kept in this file? If it's 24 hours, what happens to older
      data? Should I care? (yesterdays weather is history)or should I store
      this data forever?
      The number of hours in memory appears to be able to be changed, should
      I?
      WU has my data archived, is that enough?
      Sorry about all the questions but I thought a discussion/opions might
      give me a chance to sort this out.
      Thanks, Bob
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 5, 2007
        Bob,

        Are you referring to the Heavyweather Pro Compatible History file down
        in the general settings?

        If so, that file will grow forever. You can have it broken up
        automatically in to monthly files. To do this see the instructions that
        follow this:

        21) Added the following replacement strings that can be used when
        naming the Heavyweather Pro history.dat file generated by WUHU.

        On the software download page here:

        http://home.comcast.net/~wuhu_software/

        This history files are useful for locally graphing your data, if you do
        not need this, you do not need the history file.

        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "RS Moreland"
        <bobmoreland@...> wrote:

        > Greetings,
        > I've switched to a different computer and started a new data file.
        How
        > much data is kept in this file? If it's 24 hours, what happens to
        older
        > data? Should I care? (yesterdays weather is history)or should I store
        > this data forever?
        > The number of hours in memory appears to be able to be changed,
        should
        > I?
        > WU has my data archived, is that enough?
        > Sorry about all the questions but I thought a discussion/opions might
        > give me a chance to sort this out.
        > Thanks, Bob

      • RS Moreland
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 6, 2007
          No, the original machine was defaulted to Heavyweather dat file and i
          never changed it. The new (98) machine goes to my docs. This sounds
          like a 24 hr file right?
          Thats for the info. I'll go to the link and see about setting up
          something more long term.
          If I do change the setup, can I bring in the two currdat files? or
          maybe get the older data from WU?
          Thanks, Bob

          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 6, 2007
            I am not sure there is any automated way to pull down the data from
            WUHU although that would be a good project for a programmer.

            The best thing to do is keep a history.dat locally.