Re: Vista issue?

    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 4, 2007
      Brian,

      I think I see the problem.

      Go in to tweaks, disable the rain sensor and wind sensors.

      Hit Ok.

      Wait until an update happens.

      If starts working, do a reboot, let me know if the changes were not
      stored correctly.

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Brian" <yahoo@...> wrote:

      > Some of you may recall a couple months back my computer was stolen.
      > finally got it replaced with a new computer. This computer came with
      > Vista so I am now working on setting up my system again, this time
      in
      > a new platform. I have a WS2308 in direct serial mode.
      >
      > Since I did not have my console connected to a computer, I decided
      > disconnect my wind and rain sensor. At this point, I am looking to
      > just upload my temperature, barometer, and humidity.
      >
      > To do this, I've gone into Tweak Data and disabled rain and wind
      > sensors. This seems to work fine.
      >
      > Unfortunately, if I restart my computer, my settings change to
      > selecting "Disable all rainfall reporting" and unselecting the
      disable
      > rain and wind sensors. I had been playing with settings trying to
      get
      > it to work and I think that was one of the settings I had selected
      in
      > an attempt. It seems the system wants to revert to these settings
      for
      > some reason.
      >
      > The problem I am having is by having the "disable all rainfall
      > reporting" selected instead of the other items, I cannot get the
      > console and computer to communicate (OFL data).
      >
      > When I attempt to change the settings back to what I want them to
      be,
      > I get an error message of "Rainfall data cannot be re-enabled until
      at
      > least one update is received from the console. If Stopped, press
      Start

      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 4, 2007
        When doing the below, do not hit Stop.

        > Brian,
        >
        > I think I see the problem.
        >
        > Go in to tweaks, disable the rain sensor and wind sensors.
        >
        > Hit Ok.
        >
        > Wait until an update happens.

        > If starts working, do a reboot, let me know if the changes were not
        > stored correctly.
        >

        > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Brian" <yahoo@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Some of you may recall a couple months back my computer was
        stolen.
        > > finally got it replaced with a new computer. This computer came
        with
        > > Vista so I am now working on setting up my system again, this
        time
        > in
        > > a new platform. I have a WS2308 in direct serial mode.
        > >
        > > Since I did not have my console connected to a computer, I
        decided
        > > disconnect my wind and rain sensor. At this point, I am looking to
        > > just upload my temperature, barometer, and humidity.
        > >
        > > To do this, I've gone into Tweak Data and disabled rain and wind
        > > sensors. This seems to work fine.
        > >
        > > Unfortunately, if I restart my computer, my settings change to
        > > selecting "Disable all rainfall reporting" and unselecting the
        > disable
        > > rain and wind sensors. I had been playing with settings trying to
        > get
        > > it to work and I think that was one of the settings I had
        selected
        > in
        > > an attempt. It seems the system wants to revert to these settings
        > for
        > > some reason.
        > >
        > > The problem I am having is by having the "disable all rainfall
        > > reporting" selected instead of the other items, I cannot get the
        > > console and computer to communicate (OFL data).
        > >
        > > When I attempt to change the settings back to what I want them to
        > be,
        > > I get an error message of "Rainfall data cannot be re-enabled
        until
        > at
        > > least one update is received from the console. If Stopped, press
        > Start
        > > button and try again after an update has occurred." Unfortunately,
        > > since my console and computer do not communicate under these
        > settings,
        > > I am unable to receive an update and basically cannot change the
        > > settings. My standard fix has been to re-install wuhu each time
        > (which
        > > seems to reset the settings to what I need them to be).
        > >
        > > Is there a solution anyone can think of to remedy this?
        > >
        > > Thanks!
        > >
        > > Brian

      • Brian
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 4, 2007
          That was easy enough...thanks! I thought I'd tried that...guess not.

          Thanks!