Vista issue?

  • Brian
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 3, 2007
      Some of you may recall a couple months back my computer was stolen. I
      finally got it replaced with a new computer. This computer came with
      Vista so I am now working on setting up my system again, this time in
      a new platform. I have a WS2308 in direct serial mode.

      Since I did not have my console connected to a computer, I decided to
      disconnect my wind and rain sensor. At this point, I am looking to
      just upload my temperature, barometer, and humidity.

      To do this, I've gone into Tweak Data and disabled rain and wind
      sensors. This seems to work fine.

      Unfortunately, if I restart my computer, my settings change to
      selecting "Disable all rainfall reporting" and unselecting the disable
      rain and wind sensors. I had been playing with settings trying to get
      it to work and I think that was one of the settings I had selected in
      an attempt. It seems the system wants to revert to these settings for
      some reason.

      The problem I am having is by having the "disable all rainfall
      reporting" selected instead of the other items, I cannot get the
      console and computer to communicate (OFL data).

      When I attempt to change the settings back to what I want them to be,
      I get an error message of "Rainfall data cannot be re-enabled until at
      least one update is received from the console. If Stopped, press Start
      button and try again after an update has occurred." Unfortunately,
      since my console and computer do not communicate under these settings,
      I am unable to receive an update and basically cannot change the
      settings. My standard fix has been to re-install wuhu each time (which
      seems to reset the settings to what I need them to be).

      Is there a solution anyone can think of to remedy this?

      Thanks!

      Brian
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 4, 2007
        Brian,

        I think I see the problem.

        Go in to tweaks, disable the rain sensor and wind sensors.

        Hit Ok.

        Wait until an update happens.

        If starts working, do a reboot, let me know if the changes were not
        stored correctly.

        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 4, 2007
          When doing the below, do not hit Stop.

          > Brian,
          >
          > I think I see the problem.
          >
          > Go in to tweaks, disable the rain sensor and wind sensors.
          >
          > Hit Ok.
          >
          > Wait until an update happens.

          > If starts working, do a reboot, let me know if the changes were not
          > stored correctly.
          >

          > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Brian" <yahoo@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Some of you may recall a couple months back my computer was
          stolen.
          > > finally got it replaced with a new computer. This computer came
          with
          > > Vista so I am now working on setting up my system again, this
          time
          > in
          > > a new platform. I have a WS2308 in direct serial mode.
          > >
          > > Since I did not have my console connected to a computer, I
          decided
          > > disconnect my wind and rain sensor. At this point, I am looking to
          > > just upload my temperature, barometer, and humidity.
          > >
          > > To do this, I've gone into Tweak Data and disabled rain and wind
          > > sensors. This seems to work fine.
          > >
          > > Unfortunately, if I restart my computer, my settings change to
          > > selecting "Disable all rainfall reporting" and unselecting the
          > disable
          > > rain and wind sensors. I had been playing with settings trying to
          > get
          > > it to work and I think that was one of the settings I had
          selected
          > in
          > > an attempt. It seems the system wants to revert to these settings
          > for
          > > some reason.
          > >
          > > The problem I am having is by having the "disable all rainfall
          > > reporting" selected instead of the other items, I cannot get the
          > > console and computer to communicate (OFL data).
          > >
          > > When I attempt to change the settings back to what I want them to
          > be,
          > > I get an error message of "Rainfall data cannot be re-enabled
          until
          > at
          > > least one update is received from the console. If Stopped, press
          > Start
          > > button and try again after an update has occurred." Unfortunately,
          > > since my console and computer do not communicate under these
          > settings,
          > > I am unable to receive an update and basically cannot change the
          > > settings. My standard fix has been to re-install wuhu each time
          > (which
          > > seems to reset the settings to what I need them to be).
          > >
          > > Is there a solution anyone can think of to remedy this?
          > >
          > > Thanks!
          > >
          > > Brian

        • Brian
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 4, 2007
            That was easy enough...thanks! I thought I'd tried that...guess not.

            Thanks!