Re: Help with WS-2300 WU uploader

    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 1, 2007
      Frank,

      The console is itself a data logger however WUHU is not reading the
      archived data from the console.

      I have chosen to not implement the retrival of this data for a couple
      of reasons.

      Firstly, with the exception of Weather Underground, none of the other
      weather servers (like CWOP) accept archived data.

      Secondly, many other non-La Crosse models (like the WMR-968) do not
      support any type of data logger. The effort would be fairly involved
      when supporting both WS-23XX and WS-36XX. On the WS-23XX, much of the
      data that is stored by WUHU cannot be retrieved from it's memory.

      Thirdly, for the most part, power and Internet failures are fairly
      rare for most of us.

      From an energy savings perspective, it would be a nice product for
      someone to develop, a logger that supports many of the popular
      station types, with a built-in Internet interface, so that a PC is
      not required. So far, other than loggers for Ham radio, I have not
      seen any such generic product.

      Thanks.

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Frank Taylor"