Re: Help with WS-2300 WU uploader

  • Frank Taylor
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 1, 2007
      Hi,
      Yes, now working ok, many thanks for the help.
      Do yo know of a datalogger for the ws2300 as we do have a few power
      outs etc

      Regards
      Frank

      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 1, 2007
        Frank,

        The console is itself a data logger however WUHU is not reading the
        archived data from the console.

        I have chosen to not implement the retrival of this data for a couple
        of reasons.

        Firstly, with the exception of Weather Underground, none of the other
        weather servers (like CWOP) accept archived data.

        Secondly, many other non-La Crosse models (like the WMR-968) do not
        support any type of data logger. The effort would be fairly involved
        when supporting both WS-23XX and WS-36XX. On the WS-23XX, much of the
        data that is stored by WUHU cannot be retrieved from it's memory.

        Thirdly, for the most part, power and Internet failures are fairly
        rare for most of us.

        From an energy savings perspective, it would be a nice product for
        someone to develop, a logger that supports many of the popular
        station types, with a built-in Internet interface, so that a PC is
        not required. So far, other than loggers for Ham radio, I have not
        seen any such generic product.

        Thanks.