Help with WS-2300 WU uploader

  • Frank Taylor
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 28, 2007
      Hi can anyone help me with an uploader to WU for my WS-2300

      Regards
      Frank
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 28, 2007
        Frank,

        My recommendation is to use WUHU in direct serial mode and not use
        Heavyweather.

        First, terminate Heavweather.

        Run WUHU, hit the stop button if the button is enabled.

        Fill in your Weather Underground account information (user name and
        passowrd).

        In the general settings, select "Direct serial WS-23XX", to the
        right, select the port that the com port that the console is
        connected to.

        Hit Start.

        Let me know if that works.

        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Frank Taylor"
        <frank.email@...> wrote:

        > Hi can anyone help me with an uploader to WU for my WS-2300
        >
        > Regards
        > Frank

      • Frank Taylor
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 1, 2007
          Hi,
          Yes, now working ok, many thanks for the help.
          Do yo know of a datalogger for the ws2300 as we do have a few power
          outs etc

          Regards
          Frank

          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 1, 2007
            Frank,

            The console is itself a data logger however WUHU is not reading the
            archived data from the console.

            I have chosen to not implement the retrival of this data for a couple
            of reasons.

            Firstly, with the exception of Weather Underground, none of the other
            weather servers (like CWOP) accept archived data.

            Secondly, many other non-La Crosse models (like the WMR-968) do not
            support any type of data logger. The effort would be fairly involved
            when supporting both WS-23XX and WS-36XX. On the WS-23XX, much of the
            data that is stored by WUHU cannot be retrieved from it's memory.

            Thirdly, for the most part, power and Internet failures are fairly
            rare for most of us.

            From an energy savings perspective, it would be a nice product for
            someone to develop, a logger that supports many of the popular
            station types, with a built-in Internet interface, so that a PC is
            not required. So far, other than loggers for Ham radio, I have not
            seen any such generic product.

            Thanks.