Re: Hi Everyone! I'm new to this Group, Need Help!

  • kc8nzj
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 26, 2007
      Also, make sure that you ground it to the same rod as your house
      electric to prevent the risk of any kind of ground loop caused by
      running separate rods. Unless you have a wireless station, then it
      might not matter.

      One other thing, make sure your ground wire heads down as straight as
      possible. Right angles are not good here. Electricity doesn't like
      them and may find a new path of lesser resistance.

      If you are afraid of heights PLEASE BE CAREFUL!!!! Don't be afraid
      to ask someone for help.

      Good luck!!!--- In
      wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "wuhu_software"
      <wuhu_software@...> wrote:

      > To ground the antenna mast properly, you need to run a wire from the
      > antenna to a copper coated rod that is driven in to the earth.
      >
      > Here is a snippet, the link to the entire article is below:
      >
      > "Grounding
      > The most important lightning protection is a good low impedance
      > Earth/ground connection to the associated equipment. The Earth
      ground
      > connection should be a copper plated rod preferably at least 5-8
      feet in
      > length driven into the ground. This ground rod should be located as
      > close to the equipment as possible, typically just outside of a
      building
      > at the entry point of the antenna feedlines.
      >
      > Greater protection can be provided by using additional ground rods
      > spaced at least 8 feet from and connected to the original rod.
      > Substituting plumbing, power ground return and other "so called"
      grounds
      > for a ground rod is definitely not recommended.
      >
      > Finally, there should be a large diameter (#4 AWG or larger) copper
      wire
      > connecting the equipment to the Earth ground. The shorter the wire,
      the
      > better. Additional information on grounding can be found in
      Reference