CW4485 Back Online

  • DKee
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 9 8:31 AM
      Well, so far the fix for the laptop seems to be working ... I'm now online again, although I'm not able to send the NOAA broadcast (there's no "line-in" on the laptop!) via the same computer. The way it's set up will insure continued uploading since it will run on batteries during power outages and the air card for uninterrupted connection (I hope!).

      Still not happy with the webcam shots - they look pretty bad but will have to do for now. I may opt to keep the weather station wireless through the storm season in order to not press my luck with possible lightening damage.

      Thanks for all who offered encouragement and advice during this latest round of problems. You guys are terrific!

      ~ Deborah

      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 9 9:53 AM
        Deborah,
        welcome back :)
        Hope this all works out well for you.
        BTW what is an 'air card"?

        Steve
      • Deborah Kee
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 9 10:07 AM
          It's that card to connect to Cingular (or other companies). Since I already had it, I thought I'd use it for a while, until I get something else in place (router/wifi, etc). And this way, there wouldn't be an upload interruption if the power goes out and I loose the DSL.

          ~ Deb

          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 9 11:15 AM
            Deborah,
            Thanks for the info, I was guessing it was something like that, but
            really had no clue.