Re: v215 Refresh, Wind Chill Replaced with Apparent Temperature.

    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 2, 2007
      Michael,

      You can back up the file using many methods like burning to CD, thumb
      drives, etc.

      The file is small, you could send it to your email account and store
      it there as well.

      It is a good idea to save a backup of that file, it retains all of
      your custom settings.

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Michael Detwiler
      <cookevilleweatherguy@...> wrote:

      > When you say 'backup' the file..do you mean to a CD or a diskette
      or to my desktop?

      > It's frustrating that I allowed this to happen...was loading the
      latest update and was pressing buttons WAY TOO FAST...

      > Thanks,
      > Michael
      >

      > Check out my Weather Blog exclusively at:
      > http://cookevilleweatherguy.blogspot.com

      Replaced
      > > with Apparent Temperature.
      > > >
      > > > All,
      > > >
      > > > I have updated the software to replace wind chill with apparent
      > > > temperature.
      > > >
      > > > Apparent temperature will now represent either wind chill or
      heat
      > > > index depending on the outdoor conditions.
      > > >
      > > > If the temperature is below 50.0 F, the wind chill calculation
      is
      > > > used. Note that the new windchill calculation also requires a
      > > > windspeed of at least 3mph.
      > > >
      > > > If the temperature is above 68 F, the heat index calculation is
      > > used.
      > > > Heat index is calculated using the temperature and humidity
      only.

      > > > If the temperature is between 50 and 68 F, the outdoor
      > temperature
      > > is
      > > > used without changes.
      > > >
      > > > If you are interested in the heat index calcuation, here is the
      > > > Wikipedia page that I used to code the software:
      > > >
      > > > http://en.wikipedia .org/wiki/ Heat_index
      > > >
      > > > ---
      > > >
      > > > Software download:
      > > >
      > > > http://home. comcast.net/ ~wuhu_software/

      > > > Shape Yahoo! in your own image. Join our Network Research Panel
      > > today! http://surveylink. yahoo.com/ gmrs/yahoo_ panel_invite.
      asp?