Re: [wuhu_software_group] v215 Refresh, Wind Chill Replaced with Apparent Temperature.

  • Michael Detwiler
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 2, 2007
      Hey Gang:

      When I went to load this latest version, it was as if I'd never signed up for WU or CWOP or AWEKAS...my information wasn't carried over to the new version...any thoughts...I've plugged in what I thought was my password on WU (it's been so long since I've set it up)...it doesn't seem to be communicating....help!..what did I do wrong?

      ~Michael

      Check out my Weather Blog exclusively at:
      http://cookevilleweatherguy.blogspot.com

      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 2, 2007
        Michael,

        Did you change the installation location during install?

        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Michael Detwiler
        <cookevilleweatherguy@...> wrote:

        > Hey Gang:
        >
        > When I went to load this latest version, it was as if I'd never
        signed up for WU or CWOP or AWEKAS...my information wasn't carried
        over to the new version...any thoughts...I've plugged in what I
        thought was my password on WU (it's been so long since I've set it
        up)...it doesn't seem to be communicating....help!..what did I do
        wrong?

        > ~Michael
        >

        > Check out my Weather Blog exclusively at:
        > http://cookevilleweatherguy.blogspot.com

        ______________
        today! http://surveylink.yahoo.com/gmrs/yahoo_panel_invite.asp?a=7

      • Michael Detwiler
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 2, 2007
          Great question...I don't think that I did...but, if that's the only it could have happened, maybe I did....hmmmm, so far, I've gotten WUHU and AKEWAS up and running..don't have CWOP running just yet as it takes that oddball LAT and LONG settings to make it correct...

          ----

          ____________ __
          today! http://surveylink. yahoo.com/ gmrs/yahoo_ panel_invite. asp?a=7

          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 2, 2007
            Michael,

            It is always a good idea to back up you "WUHU Configuration.ini" file
            (located in the WUHU Program files directory, C:\Program Files\WUHU
            by default).

            That file contains all of your settings.

            You can search the hard drive for it, you might have multiple copies
            of the file out there.

            --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Michael Detwiler
            <cookevilleweatherguy@...> wrote:

            > Great question...I don't think that I did...but, if that's the only
            it could have happened, maybe I did....hmmmm, so far, I've gotten
            WUHU and AKEWAS up and running..don't have CWOP running just yet as
            it takes that oddball LAT and LONG settings to make it correct...

            > Check out my Weather Blog exclusively at:
            > http://cookevilleweatherguy.blogspot.com

            Yahoo! FareChase.
            > http://farechase.yahoo.com/

          • Michael Detwiler
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 2, 2007
              When you say 'backup' the file..do you mean to a CD or a diskette or to my desktop?

              It's frustrating that I allowed this to happen...was loading the latest update and was pressing buttons WAY TOO FAST...

              Thanks,

              rel=nofollow>http://cookevillewe atherguy. blogspot. com

              yahoo.com/

              Try the Yahoo! Mail Beta.
              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 2, 2007
                Michael,

                You can back up the file using many methods like burning to CD, thumb
                drives, etc.

                The file is small, you could send it to your email account and store
                it there as well.

                It is a good idea to save a backup of that file, it retains all of
                your custom settings.