v215 Refresh, Wind Chill Replaced with Apparent Temperature.

    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 2, 2007
      All,

      I have updated the software to replace wind chill with apparent
      temperature.

      Apparent temperature will now represent either wind chill or heat
      index depending on the outdoor conditions.

      If the temperature is below 50.0 F, the wind chill calculation is
      used. Note that the new windchill calculation also requires a
      windspeed of at least 3mph.

      If the temperature is above 68 F, the heat index calculation is used.
      Heat index is calculated using the temperature and humidity only.

      If the temperature is between 50 and 68 F, the outdoor temperature is
      used without changes.

      If you are interested in the heat index calcuation, here is the
      Wikipedia page that I used to code the software:

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heat_index

      ---

      Software download:

      http://home.comcast.net/~wuhu_software/
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 2, 2007
        WUHU,
        Nice enhancement.
        The refresh is installed and running just fine.
        The Heat Index matches what WU shows.

        Steve
      • Jim
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 2, 2007
          Much thanks for the great software and quick turn around on features and
          fixes!

          Jim

          wuhu_software wrote:

          > All,
          >
          > I have updated the software to replace wind chill with apparent
          > temperature.
          >
          > Apparent temperature will now represent either wind chill or heat
          > index depending on the outdoor conditions.
          >
          > If the temperature is below 50.0 F, the wind chill calculation is
          > used. Note that the new windchill calculation also requires a
          > windspeed of at least 3mph.
          >
          > If the temperature is above 68 F, the heat index calculation is used.
          > Heat index is calculated using the temperature and humidity only.
          >
          > If the temperature is between 50 and 68 F, the outdoor temperature is
          > used without changes.
          >
          > If you are interested in the heat index calcuation, here is the
          > Wikipedia page that I used to code the software:
          >
          > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heat_index
          > <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heat_index>
          >
          > ---
          >
          > Software download:
          >
          > http://home.comcast.net/~wuhu_software/
          > <http://home.comcast.net/%7Ewuhu_software/>

        • Michael Detwiler
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 2, 2007
            Hey Gang:

            When I went to load this latest version, it was as if I'd never signed up for WU or CWOP or AWEKAS...my information wasn't carried over to the new version...any thoughts...I've plugged in what I thought was my password on WU (it's been so long since I've set it up)...it doesn't seem to be communicating....help!..what did I do wrong?

            ~Michael

            Check out my Weather Blog exclusively at:
            http://cookevilleweatherguy.blogspot.com

[...]

            Got a little couch potato?
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 2, 2007
              Michael,

              Did you change the installation location during install?

              --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Michael Detwiler
              <cookevilleweatherguy@...> wrote:

              > Hey Gang:
              >
              > When I went to load this latest version, it was as if I'd never
              signed up for WU or CWOP or AWEKAS...my information wasn't carried
              over to the new version...any thoughts...I've plugged in what I
              thought was my password on WU (it's been so long since I've set it
              up)...it doesn't seem to be communicating....help!..what did I do
              wrong?

              > ~Michael
              >

              > Check out my Weather Blog exclusively at:
              > http://cookevilleweatherguy.blogspot.com

              ______________
              today! http://surveylink.yahoo.com/gmrs/yahoo_panel_invite.asp?a=7

            • Michael Detwiler
              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 2, 2007
                Great question...I don't think that I did...but, if that's the only it could have happened, maybe I did....hmmmm, so far, I've gotten WUHU and AKEWAS up and running..don't have CWOP running just yet as it takes that oddball LAT and LONG settings to make it correct...

                ----

                ____________ __
                today! http://surveylink. yahoo.com/ gmrs/yahoo_ panel_invite. asp?a=7

                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 2, 2007
                  Michael,

                  It is always a good idea to back up you "WUHU Configuration.ini" file
                  (located in the WUHU Program files directory, C:\Program Files\WUHU
                  by default).

                  That file contains all of your settings.

                  You can search the hard drive for it, you might have multiple copies
                  of the file out there.

                  --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Michael Detwiler
                  <cookevilleweatherguy@...> wrote:

                  > Great question...I don't think that I did...but, if that's the only
                  it could have happened, maybe I did....hmmmm, so far, I've gotten
                  WUHU and AKEWAS up and running..don't have CWOP running just yet as
                  it takes that oddball LAT and LONG settings to make it correct...

                  > Check out my Weather Blog exclusively at:
                  > http://cookevilleweatherguy.blogspot.com

                  Yahoo! FareChase.
                  > http://farechase.yahoo.com/

                • Michael Detwiler
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jun 2, 2007
                    When you say 'backup' the file..do you mean to a CD or a diskette or to my desktop?

                    It's frustrating that I allowed this to happen...was loading the latest update and was pressing buttons WAY TOO FAST...

                    Thanks,

                    rel=nofollow>http://cookevillewe atherguy. blogspot. com

                    yahoo.com/

                    Try the Yahoo! Mail Beta.
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jun 2, 2007
                      Michael,

                      You can back up the file using many methods like burning to CD, thumb
                      drives, etc.

                      The file is small, you could send it to your email account and store
                      it there as well.

                      It is a good idea to save a backup of that file, it retains all of
                      your custom settings.